Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have fallen a long way since the days of "we're effing brilliant"

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I still think the Wigan game, we simply can not lose it. If they beat us, they close the gap to 6 points. Buoyed by a new manager too, that's 2 wins they need to get to close it completely. I really think we need a draw at the DW to be sure of safety.

Currently 10 but effectively 11 if u include goal difference ahead of Wigan..apologies if I am missing something here

Ps I'd still like the draw

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wish I had the confidence that so many have that we are going on a spending spree this summer. We sold players for big money last year and didn't reinvest anywhere near what we received. I can't see us spending our way out of this shit period.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I wish I had the confidence that so many have that we are going on a spending spree this summer. We sold players for big money last year and didn't reinvest anywhere near what we received. I can't see us spending our way out of this shit period.
Its not all about spending big this summer. Most times spending big = good players (to please the fans maybe?) but its no guarantee, sometimes it just might need some canny buying. Look at Buckley and Bridcut, one was £1 million and one was a free. Lets hope whoever is bought are up the task of getting BHA up. (and I'm not suggesting BHA get all their players on the cheap.)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its not all about spending big this summer. Most times spending big = good players (to please the fans maybe?) but its no guarantee, sometimes it just might need some canny buying. Look at Buckley and Bridcut, one was £1 million and one was a free. Lets hope whoever is bought are up the task of getting BHA up. (and I'm not suggesting BHA get all their players on the cheap.)

The most important area is upfront. Question is how good are Hughton's contacts and how good is he at spotting quality strikers?
Next question is how we will fund it, so if he has an eye for a bargain you may well be right. I have no idea but I hope the Best saga was just a mistake, although it's worrying that he also had CMS as one of his targets when he was at Norwich, after a season and a half of him looking decidedly average for us.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I still think the Wigan game, we simply can not lose it. If they beat us, they close the gap to 6 points. Buoyed by a new manager too, that's 2 wins they need to get to close it completely. I really think we need a draw at the DW to be sure of safety.

It's a game we can afford to lose. Wigan are 10 points behind us as well as a significant GD that's worth half a point to us. In addition to beating us they'd have to get another 8 points in only 4 games. And that assumes that we don't get another single point from our other 4 games.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The feel good factor and buzz aswell as numerous other things were never goner last and the "we're facking brilliant" bollocks was league 1 anyway.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Wigan's next 3 games are against Fulham, Millwall and us.....Our game against Huddersfield next week is a must win..

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We're lacking a team that matures together. So much change over the last couple of years is detrimental. We don't have a core anymore.

If you are not going to flout FFP, you need something about you. Surely it is not beyond our realms to start again. Build a spine and then add some hungry players. We seem to have too many players happy to accept where we are and what we are.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just wondering although it has probably already been mentioned, so apologies, with Blackpool down and Orlandi playing regularly, do you think we may go in for him again.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We're lacking a team that matures together. So much change over the last couple of years is detrimental. We don't have a core anymore.

If you are not going to flout FFP, you need something about you. Surely it is not beyond our realms to start again. Build a spine and then add some hungry players. We seem to have too many players happy to accept where we are and what we are.

Do what Adams did, Cullip through to Zamora then you have a team that can go up the leagues and be competitive

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Would anyone else actually want to buy any of our players (for real money) even if we tried to unload them?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
"Would wer`re effing Crap" be a better thread for most of our players/games for most of this season.....Leeds/Ipswich/Arsenal games excepted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here