Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have come a long way

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I remember Brian Horton walking out on us to manage Port Vale as they were the bigger club. Today our "B Team" beat the underdogs 3-1. Well done to all who helped us come so far so quickly.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We've come a long, long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I remember Brian Horton walking out on us to manage Port Vale as they were the bigger club. Today our "B Team" beat the underdogs 3-1. Well done to all who helped us come so far so quickly.

Completely agree. It's easy to forget how far we have come.

Even two years ago, a back up team struggled massively to beat Wrexham in the Cup and was arguably lucky to win over on penalties. This year, a team with 7 changes from the last league game wins comfortably at Port Vale on a horrible pitch. We're definitely progressing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah yeah, stop living in the past we want the Premier League and we want it NOW. Splash the cash Bloom :jester:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Completely agree. It's easy to forget how far we have come.

Even two years ago, a back up team struggled massively to beat Wrexham in the Cup and was arguably lucky to win over on penalties. This year, a team with 7 changes from the last league game wins comfortably at Port Vale on a horrible pitch. We're definitely progressing.

Um - Newport County this season? We're still perfectly capable of making a meal of a cup tie against lower league opposition.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
There were reasons behind that, namely an incorrect sending off of Calderon. But fine, lets not bother being positive. We're going down and are terrible. Better?

True - but surely we'd hope to have put the game beyond doubt before that point wouldn't we?

I'm not trying to dispel the positivity about our progress - I'm loving it. Merely saying that we (along with pretty much every club) are capable of cocking up a cup tie from time to time!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
True - but surely we'd hope to have put the game beyond doubt before that point wouldn't we?

I'm not trying to dispel the positivity about our progress - I'm loving it. Merely saying that we (along with pretty much every club) are capable of cocking up a cup tie from time to time!

Of course ever club is but it's so beside the point the Op was making that most non-nitpicky posters wouldn't bother to even consider it let alone post it!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I can't say I speak as a total neutral (Brighton season ticket holder , but disillusioned Chelsea fan) , but in my opinion port vale have never been a bigger club than Brighton.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I can't say I speak as a total neutral (Brighton season ticket holder , but disillusioned Chelsea fan) , but in my opinion port vale have never been a bigger club than Brighton.

Horton clearly thought so

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

We were playing at Gillingham arseing round the bottom division. Port Vale were in the div above gettting bigger crowds and had their own ground. At the time its fair to say vale were bigger!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I remember a few years ago Steve Coppell upset his own Reading fans by saying Brighton were the bigger club despite us being in league 1. It really caused a storm on there forum. Don't hear a peep out of them now about it :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO we need to draw a line under patting ourselves on the back on how far we've come and focus purely on how far we have to go and how we're going to get there. We've now got the level playing field we were craving all through the dog years.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
IMHO we need to draw a line under patting ourselves on the back on how far we've come and focus purely on how far we have to go and how we're going to get there. We've now got the level playing field we were craving all through the dog years.

Always look to your future, but never forget where you came from!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

We were a wreck of a club when Horton was in charge. Torquay were bigger than us when we were slumming it at Priestfield.

Hangleton

Jan 16, 2014
I grew up as a Brighton fan in Bristol, when we were languishing in League One and they were getting to the playoff final. The amount of stick I got in school, seems all worth it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here