Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "We had no plane"

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Plane stupid, I presume we have a squadron of Tiger Moths going from Shoreham airfield on away match days?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
images.jpeg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Makes you wonder how he’s got through life, he really sounds like a spoilt child.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe Klopp can use this excuse if they lose to Utd tonight?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ratboy really is my most hated manager in the league. Fitting he's at such a scummy club. I hope everything goes tits up for them and they finish behind the two proper/real big London clubs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ratboy really is my most hated manager in the league. Fitting he's at such a scummy club. I hope everything goes tits up for them and they finish behind the two proper/real big London clubs.

I just love the way all these supposedly hotshot managers get parachuted into the EPL, get the full-blown EPL hype treatment - then mostly scuttle off with their tails between their legs shortly after :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He's the German Mark Hughes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He does seem like a bit of a moany ****, doesn’t he?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unless that limit on travel costs from Roman's era is still in place, I'm not quite sure why they didn't get cars up to Leeds? Much more comfortable – and faster – than sitting on a coach!

A luxury coach with its own dining facilities etc It's not exactly National Express.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Plane stupid, I presume we have a squadron of Tiger Moths going from Shoreham airfield on away match days?
Back in the Poyet days it was easyjet from Gatwick for the games up north. Once had a very entertaining time waiting for our flight to Spain in a north terminal departure lounge full of Brighton players in club tracksuits waiting to board their flight to Manchester (we were away to Blackpool the next day). All of the players were very approachable and easy going about photos and selfies. A far cry from the Chelsea lot, I'm sure

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I find it quite astounding that they would fly from London to Leeds anyway, surely it doesn't save much time door to door, and a monumental waste of resources. A train would probably be quicker, but there's no chance the players would travel alongside the peasants of course.

I'd be interested to know how often the Brighton team fly to games. Didn't PB say something in the fans forum about the club starting to look at it's environmental impact? Newcastle is the only game where it's even remotely acceptable to fly.

I don't get it either. Bus from the training ground to Leeds area at a quiet hour- 3 hours ?

Faffing around with planes etc would take just as much time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unless that limit on travel costs from Roman's era is still in place, I'm not quite sure why they didn't get cars up to Leeds? Much more comfortable – and faster – than sitting on a coach!

I disagree, a modern state of the art executive coach would be more comfortable than travelling in a fleet of cars. They could all travel together, lounge in reclining leather seats, be spoon fed food and drink, have a toilet onboard etc. etc.

And as for the travel time l would think there would be very little difference, Motorway travel almost door to door.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I disagree, a modern state of the art executive coach would be more comfortable than travelling in a fleet of cars. They could all travel together, lounge in reclining leather seats, be spoon fed food and drink, have a toilet onboard etc. etc.

And as for the travel time l would think there would be very little difference, Motorway travel almost door to door.

Looks Shitehouse, don’t know how they would cope, Sky TV, clearly only the basic package

http://www.ellisonstravel.com/Premiership-Coach-Range.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
.... they also stayed at the Queen's hotel which is just outside Leeds station. Where in London would they fly from? I know some London teams fly from Luton which is about 40 mins drive from central London. They would arrive at Leeds/Bradford airport which is still a small journey into Leeds

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
468F5034-8811-47A6-A9BB-0E25B28F7B0E.jpeg

How dare you.

Get him Gretha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here