Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We don't want another shirt for gawd's sake

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The mission of every business is to maximise profit. Fortunately for us, that corresponds to promotion.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Most ironic thing is the shirt's being launched with the slogan BE BOLD. Which is everything the team are not.

I'd say we are TOO bold, which is why our back four only consists of TWO people. We need to be less bold if anything.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
More commercial = more money to spend on the squad (better chance of promotion)
Less commercial = less money to spend (and therefore less likely to be successful and to get promoted)

You can't have Less commercial and more money spent on the squad as those who seem to complain about this appear to want. So choose which one you'd prefer!

Very nice business model....but
it doesn't seem to be the one that selling Ulloa etc etc seems to have been followed by the club
imo.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
That's all very true, but I think what's sticking in most people's craw is that at the moment the club appears to be more interested (and is much better) at marketing and selling the add-on products rather than playing football.

The crucial word in the above sentence is 'appears'. As someone else said, if we'd been top of the league and 3-0 up at the time no one would have batted an eyelid.

I agree. Not being interested in the football is very different to getting things wrong in it. Just like players, executives can have 100% commitment and still make mistakes.

I just find it strange that some fans can be so sensitive and precious about the timing of the shirt announcement. Is the club only allowed to market things when we're doing well?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Be bold, pay £45 for this shirt when it's readily available without the badges for £10.49.

Very bold.

One of the young lads with us had the plain orange Nike shirt his dad got for a tenner - looked bloody good got to say, his son seemed really happy with it regardless of badges on it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The mission of every business is to maximise profit. Fortunately for us, that corresponds to promotion.
Yep, sure does - and we are going hell for leather for it -
Promotion of new shirts
Promotion of expensive pies
Promotion of over-priced beer
Promotion of 'the match day experience'.

Sorry.....am I missing something here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here