Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We do NOT take on loan players with a commitment to play them for X games or Y minutes...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I would think CH would be picking him based on knowing his ability and hoping he shows that at some time.

That also says a lot about what he thinks of CMS and O'Gravy

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So is CH selecting Leon Best purely on ability or simply thinks he'll be saving the club some money to put towards a decent striker next season ?

I would imagine he is playing him as he was signed on his say so and he is hoping to be proved right. If he continues to fire blanks Hughton may not have quite so much influence on future signings.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I find it hard to believe the agent and therefore the player doesn't know. It wouldn't take much for the manager to find out.
I agree it wouldn't take much for them to find out. The important point is whether the manager feels there's any pressure on him to pick someone for non footballing reasons. If he's found out about wages on the side, that wouldn't put him under any pressure.

You think Gus Poyet would have given a sh*t if he was told he was spending more of the club's money by playing / not playing a particular player?
Nope.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What a crock of utter shit !!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The majority of managers - if not all of them - upon being told of a %age clause would and should think 'so what...?'

The fact that a player has arrived on loan is the manager's concern; what the details of the loan contract are shouldn't be.

Totally agree. I would imagine any self-respecting manager would want out or would protest if he was instructed about team selection in any way like that.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So if we believe Barber we then have to believe that Hughton is playing Best because he truly believes that he has the skills, ability and ambition to be a professional footballer.

That's worrying isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here