Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We didn't need new midfielders!!

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Duh, can believe Mickey spent the Bloom's cash on strengthening midfield, all he needed to do was move Murray to the left, Forster on the right, then we could have had Robinson (who then need not have left), and Dixon in the middle....sorted...

I just can't believe that we played Forster in that position AGAIN!!

That is all...

Parks.

Jamie_Smith

Jan 20, 2009
lol i know we have braught in all the midfielders & we still dont use them, Andrews on the left 4 most of the game, surely cox would b better there

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
My sentiments exactly. There were only 2 midfielders out there on saturday. Jarrett and Carole, although the much maligned El Abd had his usual SOLID but not eyecatching general performance.
I thinks there were 4 Midfielders on the bench!!!!

Russell Slade's hat

Mar 16, 2008
Burgess Hill
lol i know we have braught in all the midfielders & we still dont use them, Andrews on the left 4 most of the game, surely cox would b better there

Cox is bloody useless, he does not have the strength and is not direct enough, always looks to cut back inside as he doesn't have a left boot

Seb Carole: Football genius:thumbsup:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If I had been Birchall or Livermore yesterday I would have been well pissed off.
Birchall has been involved at a world cup final level and performed well, Livermore in an FA cup final and a championship promotion, but both were behind ElAbd and Fraser in the pecking order yesterday.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
If I had been Birchall or Livermore yesterday I would have been well pissed off.
Birchall has been involved at a world cup final level and performed well, Livermore in an FA cup final and a championship promotion, but both were behind ElAbd and Fraser in the pecking order yesterday.

Probably coz Frasers old man puts a few quid into the club here and there.......................!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Cox is bloody useless, he does not have the strength and is not direct enough, always looks to cut back inside as he doesn't have a left boot

I'd rather we had let Cox go to Aldershot and kept Robinson tbh.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I've got nothing against El Abd & Fraser they're good squad players but the fact that Birchall is good enough for international football but not good enough to get on in a league 1 game speaks volumes of the managers judgement.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Probably coz Frasers old man puts a few quid into the club here and there.......................!!

That would not explain why we released his brother. Fraser is a useful player and perhaps MA thought we needed a bit more energy and chase the ball down? Without wishing to sound like Bruce Forsyth... Didn't he do well?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Adams has'nt got a f***ing clue on how to build a midfied, I dont think any manager in our history has ever signed so many midfielders in one season and he still keeps playing defenders in midfield ahead of them.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Not a clue? i have given up trying to fathom out Micky's "tactics" Perhaps Birchill asked to be on the bench?

Adams mentioned the other day he would'nt be in the starting 11 because he'd been away on international duty and was'nt here for the pre match practise session, Good job Adams is'nt a premier league manager he would'nt have a team to put out.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Adams got it spot on not playing Birchall on saturday.It's not another Thorton at all.We now have Cox and Birchall 100% ready for the Luton game.No way Birchall could have performed to his max with him being away etc.Expect Cox and Birchall to start on Tuesday.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We now have Cox and Birchall 100% ready for the Luton game.

an interesting theory, we will see. if MA doesnt play players he signed himself then he's lost the plot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here