Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We cannot sack hyypia - fact

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It would be unlawful.

Remember a certain Mr Poyet.

Remember, according to Mr Bloom at the time, Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club do things in the correct manner.

We would have to suspended Hyypia from his duties and give him the right of appeal, which would take three weeks.

We could not discuss anything in that time, as it would be unfair on Sami if we did.

So anyone wanting Sami sacked, and a new manager in by Monday think again. He may be suspended, but who's going to run the side for the next three weeks and in what capacity can they do it?

That's not true. The club is able to dismiss the manager if it chooses.

I know what you are trying to say, but I'd be clearer and just say it. The club should stop pussyfooting around and get real when it comes to the results on the pitch.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It would be unlawful.

Remember, according to Mr Bloom at the time, Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club do things in the correct manner.

We would have to suspended Hyypia from his duties and give him the right of appeal, which would take three weeks.

We could not discuss anything in that time, as it would be unfair on Sami if we did.

So anyone wanting Sami sacked, and a new manager in by Monday think again. He may be suspended, but who's going to run the side for the next three weeks and in what capacity can they do it?

:fishing:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Suspend him for misuse of work email or something.

Surely he's looked at some smut on his work smartphone at some point?

Quite. They'll have to make up a spurious reason a la the Poyet situation if they want to do it "the right way".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Jesus H Corbett, what an absolute load of old BOBBINS

Of course we can sack Hyypia. We are not "bound" by whatever process kicked off in the eventual binning of Poyet. ANYONE can be sacked, its just a question of the level of compo after the event. There is nothing "unlawful" in sacking anyone who is underperforming.

Christ up a stick, is this the shite we're in for tonight ? Its almost driving me to X-Factor *

*gross exaggeration by author

It's entirely different as the board knew sacking a manager as popular as Poyet out of the blue would be a massively unpopular decision. Voila! "Gross Misconduct". Sorted.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Jesus H Corbett, what an absolute load of old BOBBINS

Of course we can sack Hyypia. We are not "bound" by whatever process kicked off in the eventual binning of Poyet. ANYONE can be sacked, its just a question of the level of compo after the event. There is nothing "unlawful" in sacking anyone who is underperforming.

Christ up a stick, is this the shite we're in for tonight ? Its almost driving me to X-Factor *

*gross exaggeration by author

That's not true. The club is able to dismiss the manager if it chooses.

I know what you are trying to say, but I'd be clearer and just say it. The club should stop pussyfooting around and get real when it comes to the results on the pitch.
Watch the Tony Bloom video after he "sacked" poyet.

Interviewer, when a club sacks a manager normally the fans hear straight away and its very quick, why has there been this delay -

And Tony Answers, "often when a club gets rid of a manager is happens straight away they just sack them and thats unlawful, the process that this football club has gone through is the right legal process", says an uneasy looking Tony Bloom.

So if the club is going to act lawfully, I would suggest Sami will get three weeks to appeal his sacking, during which time we can only appoint an interim manager.

Which is why don't think he's going to get sacked. Hope I'm wrong, but the club has set its benchmark, and expect to see Poyet mouthing off if they change it for Sami!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10151709210346368&set=vb.95602073138&type=2&theater

1 Minute 23 seconds in.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Quite. They'll have to make up a spurious reason a la the Poyet situation if they want to do it "the right way".

What spurious reason was that then? I've seen you mention that more than once now.

The reason(s) for Poyet's sacking have never been revealed as the club and Poyet came to an agreement on that front. Poyet never took the club to court, and never got a penny out of Bloom - don't you think there's a reason for that? Doesn't sound like anything 'spurious' to me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What spurious reason was that then? I've seen you mention that more than once now.

The reason(s) for Poyet's sacking have never been revealed as the club and Poyet came to an agreement on that front. Poyet never took the club to court, and never got a penny out of Bloom - don't you think there's a reason for that? Doesn't sound like anything 'spurious' to me.

There's a reason it isn't public knowledge.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
never heard of "mutual agreement"? few manager are ever really "sacked" outright, people in senior roles never are. they are payed off to leave with immediate affect.

the Poyet situation was obviously different and unusual in that some sort of action occured that the club felt constituted gross misconduct. the fact they both began the process of going to formal employment tribunal tells us it wasnt the normal pay-off arrangment. the fact they settled before tribunal meant it was in all parties interests to do to (being diplomatic here, obviously one were advised their case was weak).

we really shouldnt apply any of this to Hyypia as, unless he commits gross misconduct, the club wouldnt be able to sack him. unless he's been properly reprimanded according to policy, the club wouldnt be able to sack him. unless he fails to meet certain contractural obligations or targets, the club wouldnt be about to sack him.

now, this does open the possiblity that there is some performance related criteria, and until a threashold is met (say 23 league games, new year) the club are obliged to sit it out to avoid a large payout.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There's a reason it isn't public knowledge.

There is indeed a reason. There's also a reason why Poyet agreed a settlement with the club without ANY compensation, and there's also a reason why the club was VERY confident of winning any case should it have gone to court.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is indeed a reason. There's also a reason why Poyet agreed a settlement with the club without ANY compensation, and there's also a reason why the club was VERY confident of winning any case should it have gone to court.

I'm assuming from the above that you have info from someone at the club?

As to the first bit, Poyet was unable start his job at Sunderland until legal proceedings were out of the way with BHA. No more or less mysterious than that.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm assuming from the above that you have info from someone at the club?

do you? simple deduction should suffice: employers dont embark on gross misconduct (vs regular mutual agreement) without cause. as an employee you're unlikly to contest such dismissal without good grounds to do so, its not worth your while in senior roles (tied up with tribunals instead of focusing on new job doesnt look great in interview). better to leave, move onto next role without a gap on the CV.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Don't see that as any indication of the strength of either sides case - the club didn't receive ANY compensation either.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It would be unlawful.

This is moronic at best ha ha !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It would be unlawful.

FACT !! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
This is moronic at best ha ha !!

But true fatty

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10151709210346368&set=vb.95602073138&type=2&theater

1 minute 23 seconds in.

Quote Bloom "Often when clubs decide to get rid of the manager, err it happens straight away they just sack them and that's unlawful, the process that this football club has gone through is the right legal process"

Not that moronic is it Baz? :wanker:

So if this football club go by the correct legal process, it would suggest Sami will be sacked and then given chance of appeal, unless Sami is kind enough to agree to walk away, and with what he has had to put up with, that might not happen.:bigwave:

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It would be unlawful.

I don't disagree that we have to do it properly - but Poyet was successful so we couldn't use 'bad results' as the excuse. I can't believe that there isn't some clause in Hyppia's contract that says we can terminate with immediate effect (almost certainly with a pay-off) if in the opinion of the board results mean that the mission statement has become de-focussed yada yada yada.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Of course what Bloom hasnt said there was that they wanted to get out of paying Poyet his severence. There was also the question of did he reign which essentially means no pay off or sacked which means pay off.

Of course you cant terminate a contract willy nilly but when managers are sacked this happens:

Chairman "look its not working out for one reason or another im afraid im going to have to let you go"

Manager : "thats a shame how much am i going to get as a pay off?"

There then follows a negotiation so both parties "know what it looks like" and therefore there is an agreement that neither will takw it anyfurther ie court, papers whatever.

So can Sami be sacked? Yes he can. Today hopefully but Bloom or his people need to say to Sami "what does it look like?" OR here is x which im sure you find more than reasonable now GO AWAY PLEASE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here