we aren't going up this season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
so whingers please do the rest of us a favour and stop spouting out the same old boring tales, half truths, and rather unpleasent nonsense that really doesn't benefit anyone.

realistically next season we'll be better and then the season after will be the one when we push for promotion.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
so whingers please do the rest of us a favour and stop spouting out the same old boring tales, half truths, and rather unpleasent nonsense that really doesn't benefit anyone.

realistically next season we'll be better and then the season after will be the one when we push for promotion.

I agree but why do you think we will be better next season?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I will be very happy if we escape relegation this season.
Was funny but coming back on the Mithras House P & R bus last night there were three of us listening to the phone in. Harty states he is still confident that we will get in the play offs. Cue three listeners laughing out loud and shaking heads.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I think we will not make the play offs now,our record since christmas has been very poor.Mid table at best but we nedd to do something about our form to get the crowd back onside!

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
I agree but why do you think we will be better next season?

Last season was always going to be a struggle and it was not aided by a lack of transfer activity at the start of the season and some key injuries, coupled with an over reliance on ex-youth teamers with little experience.

This season has been a roller coaster. For a while, we were a decent outfit that was hard to beat and competed very well against some decent sides. Given the tools, it looks as though Wilkins can turn around the ship. We have needed a clear out for a long time and I think that is the plan at the end of the season. In theory, we should be able to get rid of those that are not up to it and replace them with other bodies. It is no coincidence that we have appointed a new chief scout, previously, to get the ball rolling before the spring/summer transfer pandemonium. Whether you agree or disagree with the appointment of Dean, he does deserve a chance to work at it.

We are gradually seeing a change in personnel on the pitch and it would be wrong to cut him loose when we seem to be building a decent backbone to the team.

Obviously dependant on who we are able to get in, but I am feeling confident that we can get the right bodies and make a push up the league. I have been impressed with the signings made so far – just a shame Bas got ideas above his station 

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I will be very happy if we escape relegation this season.
Was funny but coming back on the Mithras House P & R bus last night there were three of us listening to the phone in. Harty states he is still confident that we will get in the play offs. Cue three listeners laughing out loud and shaking heads.

I would have laughed at anyone who said that on the first day of the season.

We all hope but to expect it at any stage this season would have been a triumph of fantasy over reality.

I don't blame anyone for that. I honestly don't believe that any manager could do much better with the players we have and the club simply doesn't have the resources to improve the squad enough to justify expectation of play-offs.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
we won't go down this year. we may be fairly poor but bear in mind we've just bought and sold a few players, got a big injury list.

also there are some very bad teams in this division!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports