Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Are Sailing?

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
Why or what relevance has this song got with our club, seems to be a massive downer, just before the albion enter the pitch, it really does go quite, when it comes on, I thought gosbts was bad enough but this song takes the pi@s.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Why or what relevance has this song got with our club, seems to be a massive downer, just before the albion enter the pitch, it really does go quite, when it comes on, I thought gosbts was bad enough but this song takes the pi@s.

Yep vote to rid here!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We Are Brighton sounds phenomenal at an away game.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

we are brighton, super brighton?

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
hey jude yes agreed, we are sailing shi@, do yourself a favour listen on saturday and then come back with a solid argument.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You obviously were not at Wembley in 83?

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
There was a video of people singing it outside hove town hall posted on here a few days ago it sounded brilliant in 83', bring it back is all I can say...

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
Do you think its sounds great before the game, are we all singing at the tops of our voices as one like we do to hey jude??????

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Can understand it has a relevance to a number of fans, but not enough, majority go quite, and atmosphere drops.

We have about 3 songs.
Even if nobody sings along, it still sounds great on the Amex PA.

Not sure what you expect people to sing to!! Vindaloo was ditched because nobody sung to that, now you're calling for one of our major songs to be dropped too, crazy

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Considering its one of the most inclusively sung Albion songs, home and more away, one has to wonder if you've missed the fact that 'we are Brighton, Super Brighton, from the South' is based on that song, albeit it 100 times faster. I think, like when Spurs sing their song really slow, this would sound great if we sang it really slow, and really loud.

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
Considering its one of the most inclusively sung Albion songs, home and more away, one has to wonder if you've missed the fact that 'we are Brighton, Super Brighton, from the South' is based on that song, albeit it 100 times faster. I think, like when Spurs sing their song really slow, this would sound great if we sang it really slow, and really loud.

That would be great if the majority sang along to it!

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
We have about 3 songs.
Even if nobody sings along, it still sounds great on the Amex PA.

Not sure what you expect people to sing to!! Vindaloo was ditched because nobody sung to that, now you're calling for one of our major songs to be dropped too, crazy

OMG it sounds good on the PA!, I might suggest that Saturaday for us to all sit back close our eyes and admire the PA system,perhaps if its that good when we score we should have crowd sound effects coming through the system.

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
OMG it sounds good on the PA!, I might suggest that Saturaday for us to all sit back close our eyes and admire the PA system,perhaps if its that good when we score we should have crowd sound effects coming through the system.

The 'fanzone' thing is 5 minutes of songs on the PA. If you don't like it, suggest some other 'singalong' alternatives. What do you want, "Angels" on the tannoy? Or are you just one of those goons who would rather do everything St Pauli do rather than (heaven forbid) play an Albion related song

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm a fan of Fanzone, but We Are Sailing doesn't fit in at all. Yes, we all know We Are Brighton is based on it (duh!) but we do it at a completely different tempo.

The point of the Fanzone music is to get people singing along, and I can't see ANYONE singing along with We Are Sailing - supposedly the climax of the medley.

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
I'm a fan of Fanzone, but We Are Sailing doesn't fit in at all. Yes, we all know We Are Brighton is based on it (duh!) but we do it at a completely different tempo.

The point of the Fanzone music is to get people singing along, and I can't see ANYONE singing along with We Are Sailing - supposedly the climax of the medley.

But what else is there? We don't actually HAVE many songs !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here