Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are officially title contenders

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
19%
Do we get an extra point a-la F1 if we get the highest ranking?
Meanwhile, is everyone in Everton still in bed? 3% for them.
And yes, I'm in dream land. Never going to happen.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Another vote for us, and another who wants to state that it's for hilarity purposes only.

Are the ones feeling the need to state it's not serious or for hilarity purposes doing so because they are actually the ones who see a chink of reality in it? :albion2:

I mean I for one don't think it needs any qualification whatsoever as of course it's purely fanciful, but people feeling the need to point out 'it's a joke though...right...' :D:p

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
19% now

I think Brent quoted 70% of the population behind you as a landslide so not there yet!

Sent from my very expensive gated community

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I guess they are thinking that there's an outside chance of us 'doing a Leicester'.

We are nowhere near as good as they were and the other top clubs are much stronger than when Leicester won the PL. The chances are practically zero imo. But I still voted for us.

After 7 games in their title-winning season, they were 8th on 12 points - we're currently 6th on 14 points... :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had to check it wasn’t April 01 when I saw the thread title

Jul 25, 2021
Sky reporter: So do you think you, Man City and Chelsea will be battling it out for the title come the end of the season?

Graham Potter: Well if they can keep up with us maybe?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Currently third favourites behind Chelsea and Liverpool.....

:cheery::cheery::cheery::jester::jester::jester::flypig::flypig::flypig:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sky reporter: So do you think you, Man City and Chelsea will be battling it out for the title come the end of the season?

Graham Potter: Well if they can keep up with us maybe?

Don't you dare compare Graham Potter with arrogant Adkins. :rant:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I can’t imagine any opposition fans will come in here, read this thread and say “they think they are going to win the league” and even if they do they are morons. We clearly won’t but the whole point is that we are having fun. Gives us all something to smile about at the moment.

Palace goons will do that without a doubt, running back to the away end on their forum and stoking the flames. 20% now by the way.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I can’t imagine any opposition fans will come in here, read this thread and say “they think they are going to win the league” and even if they do they are morons. We clearly won’t but the whole point is that we are having fun. Gives us all something to smile about at the moment.

Palace goons will do that without a doubt, running back to the away end on their forum and stoking the flames. 20% now by the way.

I think the palace fans are covered by the morons disclaimer.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It can't be right...why haven't they included Inter Galactic Champions and best team ever Leeds as a "wild card" entry? Or is it assumed its not worth asking about Leeds as it would be a forgone conclusion that they will win?
BTW, voted for us too as may never get another chance in this sort of thing!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
21%

TB B&W Army

Sep 30, 2021
Horsham
I've voted, after all, we wont get many chances to take part in a Premier League vote like this

In any case why couldnt we win it?

UTA

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Had we not dropped 2 points against Arsenal I would be more confident, now I'm thinking our goal difference is what will do for us come May.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
To be fair the article doesn’t really entertain the idea of a Brighton title that much, it’a probably because we’re on 14 points as well and it’s still plausible to take a top spot in the next few games.

I still voted though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm still very much in the camp of "I'd be delighted if we didn't have to worry about getting dragged into a relegation battle" - Not that I think we will at any point this season and my pre-season prediction was for a 12th place finish which I would consider to be fabulous progress

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here