Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are now one of the most popular Premier League teams

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
We have become a neutrals favourite. International football fans are adopting us left, right and centre. Pundits can't get enough of us.

Everywhere you look on social media, people love us as a club and the football we are playing.

It's so surreal to see us becoming such a big club and at such a pace, with the Withdean era still such a recent memory.

The way the club is run is the awe of the Premier League... TB & GB are absolute geniuses. I wonder how far they can take us, or what the next step even is.

If we can continue what we are doing, but start to keep hold of our best players, then... anything is possible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They do have a point though 😂
Yep - stopped clock and all that.

I believe in yoof talk we are the thirstiest Premier League fans base.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, a thread about how the press, pundits, many many neutral fans, and even fans of other teams are saying how well we play, how well run we are etc has become about Albion fans being needy.

Typical. We (the fans) aren't creating this... we're suddenly no longer 'under the radar', we're emerging into the spotlight and people like what they see.

Long may it continue.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are. But trouble with being neutrals favourite (oxymoron alert) is that can change in a heartbeat. We only need to pump a few long balls and suddenly we’re labelled Big Sam, ugly, boring etc. Amyway, let’s enjoy the compliment of whim support while it lasts! :)

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
We are. But trouble with being neutrals favourite (oxymoron alert) is that can change in a heartbeat. We only need to pump a few long balls and suddenly we’re labelled Big Sam, ugly, boring etc. Amyway, let’s enjoy the compliment of whim support while it lasts! :)
As you say enjoy it while it lasts. Weren’t Leeds fans favourites recently? I seem to remember that Newcastle were everyones second team under Keegan. It’s fleeting at best and pretty meaningless really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, a thread about how the press, pundits, many many neutral fans, and even fans of other teams are saying how well we play, how well run we are etc has become about Albion fans being needy.

Typical. We (the fans) aren't creating this... we're suddenly no longer 'under the radar', we're emerging into the spotlight and people like what they see.

Long may it continue.
But it's not that those is it?

It's a thread by a Brighton fan who has decided "We have become a neutrals favourite".
Not only in this country but across the globe.
I would suggest, everywhere non Brighton fans look across the socials, Brighton don't even register.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But it's not that those is it?

It's a thread by a Brighton fan who has decided "We have become a neutrals favourite".
Not only in this country but across the globe.
I would suggest everywhere non Brighton fans look across the socials Brighton don't even register.
I don’t know about you, but I do increasingly NEED a certain amount of likes for my posts to validate my existence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t know about you, but I do increasingly NEED a certain amount of likes for my posts to validate my existence.
They are the only validation of my existence I receive.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
We're really not.
Potters appointment put us on watch for nerdy football hipsters,
De Zerbi's appointment even more so.
Most pundits and people who watch a lot of football recognize we play nice football.
Having a WC winner gives us a mote of attention elsewhere.

But we still barely impinge on the global PL fanbase, or the massive UK hoard of plastics who picked a big side years ago to shore up their personality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here