Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are in Financial Trouble!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It would not be hard to blow the old sponsorship deal out the water,lets say we saved 1 million on wages,we get an extra million from amex and we make an extra 20k off the caterers that leaves a shortfall of 5,980,000 before we break even a loss of 21.980,000 over three years:eek:

How an earth do you arrive at a figure of only £20k as an increase from the caterers? We have an extra 8k on the attendence from when the contract was signed. I am sure I read somewhere (but can't find the reference) that spending per head was considerably more than originally anticipated and was possibly in the region of £10 per head (of course there are some that don't spend that but I understood that to be the average). That could be £300k per game but let's just say it is £250k. Over 23 games that amounts to £5,750,000 and you think the extra the club would get is only £20k out of the deal, ie 0.35% of turnover!!!!

That's just the catering. You also ignore the extra revenue from ticket sales for the additional 8,000 which, just using average prices of say £25 would be £4,600,000 per season. Chuck in a couple of cup games, TV revenue from those games plus extra catering and your figures are shot to pieces.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ban & sue, or just ban

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The 18 middle managers taking redundancy save the club just under a £1M a year. Nobody knows the shirt sponsorship deal details but it will be a hell of a lot more than brightonandhovejobs.com

Where are you getting the idea that that 18 being made redundant are middle managers ???

Completely false

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Where are you getting the idea that that 18 being made redundant are middle managers ???

Completely false

Voluntary redundancy is available to all staff apart from the players , I've heard 6 have opted for this (grades and salaries unknown) and if not enough apply there could be compulsory redundancies. The club won't save the projected amount by releasing lowly paid staff and will have identified which posts are to go if it comes to compulsory redundancy. Making up to 18 redundant who are only earning say £15k to £18k won't get near what the club wants to save in wages. The article in The Argus stated the club is making up to 18 employees redundant and the savings would be just under £1M a year , stewards , security staff and office workers don't earn that sort of money.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
The stadium is owned by Community Stadium Ltd - the club by Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Ltd - the shares for both companies being 100% held by Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Ltd.

One company in the group can fail without it affecting the whole group.

Just as long as the stadium is not owned by a holding company called Foray 585!!

how an earth do you arrive at a figure of only £20k as an increase from the caterers? We have an extra 8k on the attendence from when the contract was signed. I am sure i read somewhere (but can't find the reference) that spending per head was considerably more than originally anticipated and was possibly in the region of £10 per head (of course there are some that don't spend that but i understood that to be the average). That could be £300k per game but let's just say it is £250k. Over 23 games that amounts to £5,750,000 and you think the extra the club would get is only £20k out of the deal, ie 0.35% of turnover!!!!

That's just the catering. You also ignore the extra revenue from ticket sales for the additional 8,000 which, just using average prices of say £25 would be £4,600,000 per season. Chuck in a couple of cup games, tv revenue from those games plus extra catering and your figures are shot to pieces.

So our average was 25k and you think we will average 33K this season:mad:

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Wasn't there a really long thread on here about some 'insider knowledge' and how broke Palace were?

I guess it is just the type of thing that is regularly put on forums about the teams rivals

Exactly. Much the same as there were rumours we were going to go skint a few years back.....oh wait a min. Hope you don't go skint, i don't want to give you any more money again :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here