Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going to smash the championship!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Condsidering the playing squad, whilst having a lot of quality has yet to have a lot of games and it's questionable as to what our 'strongest' XI is and also the (on paper) quality of the other teams in the division i'd take a top 10 finish, and if we can get to the play-offs for the third time in a row will be brilliant - as long as we can go a couple of steps closer this time!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On paper we have a very decent squad , a lot of fans are ignoring the fact that several other teams also have a very decent squad on paper too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Top six. Not ruling out 2nd. Only Forest are better than us.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
May well be the reverse of last year, good going forward not so good at the back. SHs tactics require the full backs and midfielders to get back behind the ball mucho pronto if we lose possession, will be gaps at the back for the more savvy teams to exploit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Top six. Not ruling out 2nd. Only Forest are better than us.
I bet they won't be at some point, and when it comes to Forest, we've heard it all before.

I've given up predicting this division. It's fairly level and some teams with bloated squads or one or two stand-out players still cannot be trusted to perform well, because those players don't play well together.

Honestly, I think we could win it, yet we could also finish 17th. You just can't tell four games in. The transfer window hasn't even closed yet!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not really mate! I know it's unpredictable but you need that belief your team can pull it off!

Hmm I've always thought it was that lot on the pitch that needed the belief .....we now have a squad that makes us competitive in the top half...that's as far as I would go

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We haven't played anyone yet.

In the words of The Wolf - "Lets not start sucking each others dicks quite yet, gentlemen"

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As many have already stated - far too soon to tell. Lets keep our feet on the ground and our sheets dry for now.

For me, the successful top sides are the ones where the starting XI pick themselves and a core of 8/9/10 are the same week in week out - I don't think that Sammi yet knows what this core is because they have not had enough game time to try all the permutations.

Things should be more settled by end of October when we have another 12 games under us - see where we are then?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We were just out-played by Swindon. I'm not sure I'm ready to say we're going to smash the Championship quite yet

and the relevance of this to ANYTHING is? Five (?) prem teams were knocked out of the cup by lower league teams, should they all swap places?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here