Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are currently experiencing the greatest Albion team of all time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm certain I'm not the only one continually pinching myself...
The really telling thing is that two of our best players, and most coveted by BIG clubs, have come out publicly and said that there are happy here and are in no rush to move on but want to get us into Europe.

That brings a big smile to my face. Who know what the future holds but Albion players not itching to get away when interest from bigger clubs is made public is pretty unique in our history.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, a great team playing great football.

Some of us older folk (well, perhaps only me) used to slightly balk at threads like this and the tendency to think that history only began at Hereford. We had a very good team in the late 70s and early 80s including players like Ward, Robinson, Case and Lawrenson (who, just like Cucu was the most expensive defender in the world when we sold him to Liverpool) playing in front of 20 -30,000 (sometimes more and, yes, under Bailey less) and getting to a Cup Final and finishing 13th in the top division.

But the truth is the current crop blow them out of the water. Better players playing more attractive football and with a reasonable shot at Europe. It genuinely is the stuff of dreams.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Name me a team that play better football than us.I think we are the best passing side in England if not Europe.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
TB’s project feels like it has been given an injection of adrenaline after the loss of Potter and arrival of RDZ. The team are a team and fighting and playing beautifully for one another without any of the on field hysterical behaviour displayed by some teams. They just go on the pitch and do a job. They are the best Albion team I’ve ever seen and I think they all genuinely love being here.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah this is absolutely the best team/football I have ever seen from the Albion.
Enjoy it whilst you can it won't be around forever.

I think there is a chance that De Zerbi will start to get found out, later in the season and next year we may not be so effective.
It takes the Premier League a while to adapt to a new manager.

Vieira was getting plenty of praise last season and now the Vieira Out sentiment is starting to form for our friends up the road.

De Zerbi is a different class to PV and I suspect he will adapt much better, but this moment in time may well be the peak.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Definitely the most exciting and high quality football I have seen us play, just hope the club pull up the transfer drawbridge until the summer and give RDZ the chance to see how high he can take the team this season

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Was going to start a similar thread. I don’t really know what to do. We’re SO good. Our entire club is the envy of much of the footballing world.

What a different conversation it is now when someone asks “who do you support?”

“Brighton.” Followed by the strangest feeling of all. SMUGNESS. Not just pride like before. I am smug. I thought our vindication came when we got promoted. When we beat Man United in the premier league for the first time. When Potter took us to new heights. But I think this is it. This week is peak Brighton. Whilst it’s all still new to us and we’ve still got optimism.

It doesn’t get better than this…. Does it?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
RDZ has got the team playing this way without having made a singing of his choice, not heard the over used phrase " it's not the managers team, just the one he inherited', used once. Maybe we will see a few of his ideal players during this window.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Definitely the best team in my lifetime and I go back to the 1960’s there have been a number of players who I would have loved to have seen in this team the likes of Peter Ward, Vincente, Brian Horton, Jimmy Case, Michael Robinson, Gary Stevens, Mark Lawrenson, Bobby Zamora et all

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Magic moments indeed :cool:
The particularly exciting thing for me at the moment is that Roberto is demanding - and getting - more from this squad. It will be fascinating to see how he develops Ferguson, Colwill, Van Hecke, Moran, Gilmour and the like. Loved the way he wasn't happy with the 4-1 win at Everton.
I think we're some way off peak Brighton yet :bloom:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not sure I'll be around for that one.!!!! ;)
I know you were being ‘funny’ but instead of making your whole post on this thread a dig at an obvious typo in my post (and thereby feeding the usual trolls in the gallery), at least also acknowledging the valid points I made in my post or even just acknowledging as others have done ’that these are a good side’ would give a better impression that you actually give a sh+t what Brighton have been achieving of late.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
RDZ has got the team playing this way without having made a singing of his choice, not heard the over used phrase " it's not the managers team, just the one he inherited', used once. Maybe we will see a few of his ideal players during this window.
That's largely because he inherited a very good team, unlike most new manager appointments where the new man has to sort out the team that got the last manager sacked.
The team was already very flexible and adaptable - that was how they had to be under Potter; much easier to mould to his own ideas than, say, Chelsea!
Not in any way belittling De Zerbi's achievements; just pointing out that he has built on good foundations laid by his predecessor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here