Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are a remarkable club

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This season our four ever - present players are all players we’ve held onto since 2010, 2013, 2017 and 2020- some would argue they’re our best players - and all with 100+PL apps. . We’ve just turned down a bid for our best young player of £55m and our World Cup winning midfielder just signed a new contract . Last season we finished in our highest ever position and this season we’ve been in/around the European slots all year. That all seems pretty serious to me…
Can’t remember any £50m+ bids for March or Dunk can you? We all know Mac and Moses are off to the highest bidder come the summer

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Don’t want to be all doom and gloom but we’ve been exceptionally lucky with injuries.

Unbelievable work in generating the money we have through player sales but we surely have to have some serious recruitment in the summer to ensure we replace some of the exceptional talent we’ve lost and probably will continue to lose in the summer.

In TB we trust.

Fingers crossed Moder comes back the same player he was before injury.

He'll be like a new signing if he does.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I trust them to keep us in the PL.

Just don't see this model being a sustainable one that pushes us up into that challenging for a place in Europe or winning us a cup if we keep selling off our best players.
I’m still thinking about the relegation tracker and enjoying each game week :shrug:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
The process is really just designed to keep us in the PL and for the owner not to be putting any more large sums of money into the club that he has so generously done in the past.
Surely that facilitates the option to invest in the optimum opportunities when they arise as opposed to suckling the piglet

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Surely that facilitates the option to invest in the optimum opportunities when they arise as opposed to suckling the piglet

Time will tell if that's the case.

It's a difficult job to put together a world class midfield.

Once you do have one to only give it a season to function and then break it up means you're back to square one trying to assemble what you just had.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The process is really just designed to keep us in the PL and for the owner not to be putting any more large sums of money into the club that he has so generously done in the past.
I know. And what a miserable “process” it is. Tony - up your game mate !!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Being realistic rather than pessimistic, it's an unfortunate inevitability that the vultures will be circling for Caicedo and Mac in the summer. Maybe Mitoma and possibly Sanchez too. It's a matter of time before they come after RDZ as well :moo:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Being realistic rather than pessimistic, it's an unfortunate inevitability that the vultures will be circling for Caicedo and Mac in the summer. Maybe Mitoma and possibly Sanchez too. It's a matter of time before they come after RDZ as well :moo:
It’s the club’s strategy….and for everyone that leaves, there will be a replacement. Often a better one.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Well it will eventually make fans feel like what's the point if they see all their best players get constantly sold to other clubs we're supposed to be competing with.
I'm sure the club don't always want to sell, for me it's the player's looking at us as a stepping stone.
If they want out all we can do is maximise on the value of the sale.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm sure the club don't always want to sell, for me it's the player's looking at us as a stepping stone.
If they want out all we can do is maximise on the value of the sale.
And if they weren’t able to view us as a stepping stone, we’d never have got them to sign in the first place. It’s why we have a coveted £70m plus Caicedo and a World Cup winning MacAllister.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
For now.

We could also become a club of little ambition if all we do is just keep selling our best players to the highest bidder.

There has to come a point in time where we hold onto all of our best players and get serious about finishing as high in the league as we can.

It only takes a bunch of miss hits with signings and replacements and you're back in relegation scraps.
That doesn't really seem to be the case though. We seem to be creating somewhat of conveyer belt of talent but we're not offloading assets at a rate that should cause any real concern.

We need these big transfers to top clubs to attract the 10 to 25 million pound "punts" and show them that once they've proved their worth and repaid our investment we won't stand in their way...for the right price.

The concern would be if we are letting our top talent leave without finding their replacements but all the evidence points to there being a very sensible transfer strategy where we are getting stronger every year we stay in the top flight.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And if they weren’t able to view us as a stepping stone, we’d never have got them to sign in the first place. It’s why we have a coveted £70m plus Caicedo and a World Cup winning MacAllister.

We got Caicedo because Man U couldn't be arsed dealing with his management entanglement.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
It’s the club’s strategy….and for everyone that leaves, there will be a replacement. Often a better one.
It would be a bit of reassurance if we saw a replacement for Trossard join us this window - we need some cover should Mitoma get injured, or is Sarmiento considered to be that player ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here