Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WBA U-21s v Albion U-21s, Lamb Ground, Tamworth, kick-off 7pm tonight

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As I said you misunderstood my post, and not concerned per se just think it's bizarre. Given the fact that we can't get relegated surely the onus isn't on results, it's about helping develop players who, as I say, could eventually be involved with the first team squad. I'd rather play a 15 year old who is highly rated by the youth coaches than start a player who has failed to impress on several loan spells away from the club and seems destined to leave.

If he was definitely as poor as you suggest he would have been released already. He certainly doesn't start every game although maybe the club think/hope he might be a late developer? Whatever. While he is being paid he should be played.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Definitely held our own in the first half, monkana should have scored. Stand out players - dallison at the back, molumby looks very composed for one so young. Hope to see Harper soon.

That's good going for our youngsters, as West Brom are top of the U21s division. I hope we can capitalise in the second half.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
If he was definitely as poor as you suggest he would have been released already. He certainly doesn't start every game although maybe the club think/hope he might be a late developer? Whatever. While he is being paid he should be played.

Don't get me wrong I hope I'm well wide of the mark and the club really rate him but with a fair few uninspiring loan stints under his belt and the fact he was signed by the previous recruitment team who had, ahem, limited success gives me the impression he will be binned. Only time will tell.

Back on topic, lets hope Harper gets half an hour tonight!

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
What were your thoughts on Albion overall? Worthy of a point?

After a very shaky start we were really pretty impressive and probably could / should have won it. Harper looked a class above with some of his touches. Some pretty good players in that team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here