Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WBA also in for Bridcutt

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anything under 5m and I'll be gutted. And still, we'd only be able to afford just under 3/4 of Dwight Gayle with the loot gained. Bridcutt as a Brighton player on Tuesday will be our best business of the summer (once again)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
wouldnt begrudge him a move to wba. decent squad compared to getting smashed week in week out at palace

Is that the West Brom who are propping up the Premier League? :ohmy:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
West Brom have got a young striker, Saido Berahino, who got a hat-trick last week in the League Cup against Newport. He's not getting much of a look in (a late sub today in their defeat to Swansea), in the Premier League despite Nicolas Anelka, Shane Long, Peter Odemwingie and Scott Sinclair not scoring.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
£5m in the bank but not able to spend it until January and our best player not replaceable for four months!
Loan signings after the deadline are for a max of 93 days - to first week of December only. No promotion this year, then!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I suspect that there will be no action tomorrow. At least I hope there isn't.
I suspect there will a couple moving either way. Be very surprised if we don't sign a striker tomorrow, and even more surprised if Bridcutt is still a Brighton player in 24 hours time. The only thing that may keep Bridcutt here until January is his injury.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
£5m in the bank but not able to spend it until January and our best player not replaceable for four months!
Loan signings after the deadline are for a max of 93 days - to first week of December only. No promotion this year, then!

So you really think if we sold him, we wouldnt then move for any other players on the same day ?

Of course we have players who we can move for if needed. Our best player is Ulloa too, who wouldnt be going anywhere.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
West Brom have got a young striker, Saido Berahino, who got a hat-trick last week in the League Cup against Newport. He's not getting much of a look in (a late sub today in their defeat to Swansea), in the Premier League despite Nicolas Anelka, Shane Long, Peter Odemwingie and Scott Sinclair not scoring.

They had Lukaku last season, who was a target man and worked extremely well with Shane Long. This season they haven't replaced him at all yet, I wouldn't be to surprised if they signed Bendter from Arsenal. Because I don't think Midfield is a worry for them and I don't think Bridcutt is what they need right now. The lack of goals is a total worry for them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If Liam does go to WBA won't be great news for us because when do they ever spend decent money on signings? Tend to be free transfers and long term loans. Don't think we'll bring anyone in personally from the Oscar quotes I read. Maybe a striker when the loan window reopens to cover us until CMS is back.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
While I really don't want to lose Bridders, if the offer was good enough I wouldn't begrudge him a move to West Brom, decent club who he should do well with if he was to move. Give it one more season though eh Liam :thumbsup:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Anything under 5m and I'll be gutted. And still, we'd only be able to afford just under 3/4 of Dwight Gayle with the loot gained. Bridcutt as a Brighton player on Tuesday will be our best business of the summer (once again)

Loot gained. Very Clash of Clans...

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Just hope the doors are locked and the window is shut, when it comes to any of the squad leaving tomorrow!

And then hopefully they'll be open again for some premier league loans when those teams have sorted out their squads! :albion2:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
So far, the only facts seem to be bullshit written by a few national papers or complete hearsay on a football forum. I would assume Liam cannot pass a medical at the moment and I highly doubt TB is going to let out only fit striker go, especially with no quality replacement. That would be suicide from a footballing point of view.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
can someone sneak into the offices and unplug the phones/ turn off the broadband?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here