Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
JT very warm favourite for the gig now and rumoured to be taking Ashley Cole as his assistant, a tad surprising given how JT came out of the Anton Ferdinand documentary and essentially ruined his career but I guess can see why Rio referred to him as a choc ice now.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
JT very warm favourite for the gig now and rumoured to be taking Ashley Cole as his assistant, a tad surprising given how JT came out of the Anton Ferdinand documentary and essentially ruined his career but I guess can see why Rio referred to him as a choc ice now.

You're a parody character, we all get it - but that was a badly worded end to that incredibly long sentence.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope Terry gets the Derby job. I fancy Hughton and Pulis will pull Forest and Massive clear which will leave Derby with a mountain to climb.

Playing for a reasonable Derby side under Lampard is one thing, but are Chelsea kids really going to want to join Terry and Cashley on loan when they're rooted to the bottom of the table?? Much better to go on loan to Brentford, just down the road.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Unbeaten in 4 now for Wazza at Derby. Excellent point at Brentford last night, handled the racism at Millwall excellently at the weekend. Think his reputation and credentials for taking the job permanently are growing by the day.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
CKR’s at Derby! WTF? And bossing the game according to 5 Live. I thought he was still playing in Papua New Guinea via Tegucigalpa.

Mind officially blown.

I mentioned elsewhere that he's already hit mini legend status, probably overstated it a little but he's definitely at 'cult hero' already. His attitude is absolutely spot on and he's definitely a character we've been missing. Playing well also, it must be said. Apparently quite the leader in training as well, who'd know eh?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another point and clean sheet for Wazza, unbeaten in 5 now since taking the helm. Great to see.

:clap2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Further turmoil at Derby. Players turned up this morning and were handed contracts with no wages on, contracts need to be signed by midday tomorrow for them to be eligible to play their opener at Huddersfield on Saturday. What a sorry state of affairs, got to feel sorry for Wazza.

Huddersfield to win at 4/5 must represent some value but you just wouldn't write of Wazza and the Derby boys.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That is because the EFL haven't actually told Derby what budget they can operate under the 'embargo' they currently have

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
What a shambles that club has become.

Laughable, but a good friend is a Derby fan and makes me feel sorry for the real fans who see their once proud club in ruins.

Fans United

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a shambles that club has become.

Laughable, but a good friend is a Derby fan and makes me feel sorry for the real fans who see their once proud club in ruins.

Fans United

I feel for Liam Rosenior, and hope he can find more stable employment elsewhere sooner rather than later.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I feel for Liam Rosenior, and hope he can find more stable employment elsewhere sooner rather than later.

It's incredible experience for him. And for Rooney. They're going to really need to get everything from every player to stand any chance of not being relegated at Christmas.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely Rooney and Rosenior will be signing as players !
They will then count as eligible players which weakens Derby's position in the discussions with the EFL as to how many new players they can bring in despite the embargo. The same if any U21s play this weekend.

So they may sign as players.... but after transfer deadline day.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
They will then count as eligible players which weakens Derby's position in the discussions with the EFL as to how many new players they can bring in despite the embargo. The same if any U21s play this weekend.

So they may sign as players.... but after transfer deadline day.

Crazy isn't it - It think I have some masochistic traits, i enjoy the drama!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here