Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any time a property developer starts sniffing around a football club at any level, supporters groups should waste no time in registering the club's ground as an Asset of Community Value. The property developer may well be coming on board with the best of motives, but why take the risk eh?

Tony Bloom amassed most of his wealth as a property developer

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
FFS, was one full day of positivity a little too much to ask!! Liam Rosenior's Derby County??

Some derby mates I’ve got suggesting he was wrapped up with Gary Cook & Kirchener - possibly involved in the bid financially

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Some derby mates I’ve got suggesting he was wrapped up with Gary Cook & Kirchener - possibly involved in the bid financially

There's definitely something in that, Paul Stratford was also involved, Rooney's agent, maybe we dodged a bullet with Kirchner?? I'm gutted by this but as we all know, managers and players come and go ....

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I have a lot of respect for Wayne Rooney for sticking with a sinking ship last season when they were actually a mid-table side. I don't think anyone can blame him for his decision. I would imagine North West clubs in the Championship will be on red alert now. Dedicated, hard-working and never played the blame game with the hand he was dealt with the heavy points deduction.

And who's to say that if Frank Lampard makes Everton FC into relegation-fodder again early next season, he may well rock up there..............

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have a lot of respect for Wayne Rooney for sticking with a sinking ship last season when they were actually a mid-table side. I don't think anyone can blame him for his decision. I would imagine North West clubs in the Championship will be on red alert now. Dedicated, hard-working and never played the blame game with the hand he was dealt with the heavy points deduction.

And who's to say that if Frank Lampard makes Everton FC into relegation-fodder again early next season, he may well rock up there..............

Fat Frank may get lucky. The consortium in discussion to buy the Bitters have today promised a £1b investment. In effect £500m on the new stadium, £500m on transfer fees and increased payroll.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Liam has the gig on an interim basis, that's great news and I fully expect him to get it permanently. Clowes bid has been accepted and looks to be done by Wednesday. I have a beer. :cheers:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Liam has the gig on an interim basis, that's great news and I fully expect him to get it permanently. Clowes bid has been accepted and looks to be done by Wednesday. I have a beer. :cheers:

Any of our potential young loanees you think Liam Rosenior might be eyeing up for next season?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I have read new owner worth 350m. A lot to you and I but by the time you have purchased ground and paid off 25% to creditors still need a lot if they are to go forward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here