Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney's Derby County no more.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"I do not believe 13 weeks was sufficient to oversee the changes that were needed"

Maybe more patience in general is needed by all people that run football club operations.
What changes? He took over when they were 6th!

Rooney is already sowing the seeds of his next managerial failure by not acknowledging his own shortcomings.

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
"I do not believe 13 weeks was sufficient to oversee the changes that were needed"

Maybe more patience in general is needed by all people that run football club operations.

I think in Rooney's case, that is a bit a daft thing for him to say. He did not go into a club in relegation battle, he went into a club not that far away from the play-off picture, but landed them into a relegation battle in pretty quick time. His point would carry more weight had they already been massively struggling when he arrived and he felt like he hadn't been given enough time to turn the corner. Unfortunately, it was him who created the corner in the first place that they're now struggling to turn around.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Unfortunately, it was him who created the corner in the first place that they're now struggling to turn around.

"On 9 October 2023, Eustace was sacked with the club citing the importance of the board of directors and management being fully aligned on the culture of the football club as the reason behind the decision. An impressive start to the season had seen the club sitting in sixth position with eighteen points from eleven matches."

The sacking of Eustace was an instance I was referring to.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Gerard, Lampard, now Rooney - each has proven that excellent players do not necessarily make excellent managers ...

If only he could speak more eloquently he might have a career in punditry - nah. maybe not!

Off to night school then young man ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here