Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wayne rooney elbow incident v wigan

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
just heard on motd2 that no action will be taken against rooney for the off the ball incident yesterday where he clearly deliberately elbows an opponent in the side of the head, how the hell does he get away with that!!!! trial by tv should be used to teach this dirty little manc a lesson, that sort of thing cannot get defended (mike phelan quotes "respect the referee's decision!!!) tosser!!! that should not be the sort of thing players can get away with...:angry:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
just heard on motd2 that no action will be taken against rooney for the off the ball incident yesterday where he clearly deliberately elbows an opponent in the side of the head, how the hell does he get away with that!!!! trial by tv should be used to teach this dirty little manc a lesson, that sort of thing cannot get defended (mike phelan quotes "respect the referee's decision!!!) tosser!!! that should not be the sort of thing players can get away with...:angry:

He's a dirty scouse cunt not a dirty little manc. Scum.

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
This

It still may be punished as with Ben Thatcher, who elbowed Pedro Mendes, got a yellow card for the incident. Later he got given a 6 game suspension.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
So, one player can literally assault another on the pitch, the referee doesn't see the incident but is believed to have dealt with it and nothing more can be done...that is stupid!

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
The ref did see it - he gave a free kick against Rooney, and told him off. Unfortunately, whilst these stupid rules are in place, there's nothing else that can be done...

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
doesn't change the fact that rooney is a skid-mark on the y-fronts of english football.

Coming at it from a neutral perspective (rather than a pointless 'let's all hate man utd' view), he's the best English player we have, who is underperforming this season - this is a concern for our international hopes & ambitions...

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Coming at it from a neutral perspective (rather than a pointless 'let's all hate man utd' view), he's the best English player we have, who is underperforming this season - this is a concern for our international hopes & ambitions...

it has nowt to do with football ability or underperforming

it is assult and lack of respect for a fellow footballer and the nation..

he can rot

bluestt

Feb 18, 2011
to be fair, with Fergie protecting him week in week out, and turning the heat on the media rather than the guilty player, Rooney is clearly being given the message he can get away with whatever he wants.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Whelan's comment after the game was silly. I think Hartson summed it up well that you can't defend something like that which has been shown to the world, if it ws a Wigan player who had done that he would be all over him. It doesn't matter who it is and what team he's on, he needs to get punished.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The ref did see it - he gave a free kick against Rooney, and told him off. Unfortunately, whilst these stupid rules are in place, there's nothing else that can be done...

The ref saw something. If he saw an elbow surely he would have sent him off.
The PL (or whoever) still has the powers to dish out a ban if they think it right.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't give a toss about ManUre, or the Premiership, but what does worry me, is the lack of progress with Rooneys attitude, because of what that may mean for England. Whether it's a tirade at the officials, stamping on someones goolies, or throwing an elbow, it's just not getting any better.

If England do somehow manage to construct a team that could challenge at a major tournament, I will still be chewing my sleeve off fearing he is about to explode in some mindless way and get a red card.

The irony is that if he was at any other club, people would be saying he should have joined Man Utd because Fergie would have straightened him out. For some reason, he seems to have been unable to curb Rooneys excesses.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
No action being taken...................no surprise there then

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think this could be Ferguson's worst hour. Some of the garbage he came out with was contemptuous of the wider football public, the authorities, the fans, the media, the guy who got elbowed, Martinez...everyone, basically, who has eyes and a TV. You can tell when he's worried because he gets nasty, and if Rooney is banned v Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in the Cup United's season could very quickly implode.

If you must, say you didn't see it, but the absurd attempt to ridicule the press and the FA over something everyone saw for themselves does him and his club no service at all. If the Glazers weren't so scared of him they'd tell him this morning he was an embarrassment to Man Utd at the weekend.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
f***ing wanker, should and would be banned if it was ANYBODY except united

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Well done to the FA for not banning him, McCarthy made a deliberate attempt to body check Rooney and ultimately got his just rewards. Everyone just loves to jump on the 'I hate Man Utd' bandwagon, don't think there was an outcry when Gerrard elbowed Brown last year? Call me old-fashioned but I love this side of the game.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well done to the FA for not banning him, McCarthy made a deliberate attempt to body check Rooney and ultimately got his just rewards. Everyone just loves to jump on the 'I hate Man Utd' bandwagon, don't think there was an outcry when Gerrard elbowed Brown last year? Call me old-fashioned but I love this side of the game.

:laugh: But where is the rules does it allow for getting your just rewards? It doesn't, the rules call it retaliation, and body-check or not, if that was a Brighton player I would have been crapping myself as I waited for what I would expect to be an automatic red card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here