Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge retires

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The best left back I've seen play for the Albion.
Near perfect in defence, a fantastic player going forward, with effortless immense pace even at the latter stages of his career.

This

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nope.

£20k a week. Our top earner last season.

Papers are wrong.

With employers national insurance, that's £1.18m, out of a total regular payroll bill (for all players, managers, paid executives and many 100's of staff) of c.£15m, for a non-star position on the pitch. That doesn't stack up, and I'd heard we were meeting £12k to £15k per week, whilst ManC were happy to recoup some.

Once a free agent, we couldn't compete with Reading's parachute money.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can only endorse what other posters have written,great player,nice bloke,wife and Frankie,we had a good season out of him,best luck in retirement Wayne......Welcome Wardy..

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
With employers national insurance, that's £1.18m, out of a total regular payroll bill (for all players, managers, paid executives and many 100's of staff) of c.£15m, for a non-star position on the pitch. That doesn't stack up, and I'd heard we were meeting £12k to £15k per week, whilst ManC were happy to recoup some.

I think you'd be surprised then.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Don't really care what he was on or who paid what, just thought he was easily the finest left back that I had seen play for or against us a, wonderful talent and really deserved his runner up in our player of the season (I voted for him and not Bridders) pole, and in hindsight he really deserved the first place,just my opinion. I must add that Wardy has been pulling up trees and he runs a close second to Bridgy at left back.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
What are the chances of ward signing for reading now?!

Absolutely zero fortunately, Reading are skint at the moment as they are in limbo with their ownership problems, they are trying to sell the club half of which some dodgy russian owns and are desparate for new investment. They have already released a few players and Adkins is whining about not being able to buy any players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We paid him 10/12 k of his 88k at City. They paid the rest.

Nope.

£20k a week. Our top earner last season.

Papers are wrong.

It isn't info I've got from the papers but never mind..... We'll move on.

So who has fed you incorrect information?

I think it was actually quoted a few times that it was 10/12k. I don't think we re paying all of Wards wages either fwiw although I wasn't really listening properly when I was discussing this with somebody & can't remember if it was that or whether it was that we are paying them all :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This was tweeted earlier from the We Are Brighton account. Hope it's true (you need to be able to read the text in the image that comes with the tweet) :D

[tweet]463797661171068929[/tweet]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This was tweeted earlier from the We Are Brighton account. Hope it's true (you need to be able to read the text in the image that comes with the tweet) :D

[tweet]463797661171068929[/tweet]

Doesn't seem v plausible to me. He was a top top pro here & can't imagine him just coming out with that at a party. As for footballers 'calling in sick' mmmm don't think it quite works like that...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Doesn't seem v plausible to me. He was a top top pro here & can't imagine him just coming out with that at a party. As for footballers 'calling in sick' mmmm don't think it quite works like that...

You don't think it's plausible that somebody thinks Nigel Adkins is a **** then?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Seeing as he didn't make a single appearance between Oct 26th and Apr 8th, you could be right.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

He's done them a favour now though. The Ruskie has done one and they are back with Sir John Madjeski who is getting poorer and less willing to put cash in. They're already paying Drenthe a fortune for next to nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here