Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne bridge in talks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our biggest problem with letting in goals is losing the ball in midfield for which Dicker is a major culprit or not picking up players eg Phillips which again was midfielders not chasing the 2nd ball and the likes of Ambrose and Murray for Palace and Chopra for Ipswich.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I see Wayne Bridge as a straight replacement for Greer. Here's hoping for a gift horse for the rest of the season.

What? A left back to replace our captain and centre back, hmmm

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Before I say anything Gus knows better than me and I trust him....

but I wonder if we are stuck between two stools here. We spent money on wingers but if we play two wingers than we have only one out and out striker OR we get stuck in midfield..... OR we play no wingers and then what the point of Buckley Noone and Lua Lua?

We have to decide which way we are goign to play. Barnes from the wing doesnt inspire confidence.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Before I say anything Gus knows better than me and I trust him....

but I wonder if we are stuck between two stools here. We spent money on wingers but if we play two wingers than we have only one out and out striker OR we get stuck in midfield..... OR we play no wingers and then what the point of Buckley Noone and Lua Lua?

We have to decide which way we are goign to play. Barnes from the wing doesnt inspire confidence.

It's all about Buckley. When he is fit and confident we'll be a completely different team with a far sharper attack.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What? A left back to replace our captain and centre back, hmmm

Yep, we need class right now! Three points ahead of Christmas means just the same after the contenders dip into the January extortion market!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It's all about Buckley. When he is fit and confident we'll be a completely different team with a far sharper attack.

Im not sure about that. If Buckley plays we have to play with two wingers... as far as I know he cant play through the middle. Weve got the players but have we got the right balance going forward.

I agree we need a B2B midfielder who can also pass the ball around. Looking at the player's history, Carter seems to have been successful doşing this in the past when Birmingham were in the Championship. The question is has he still got it?

Another option may be Tom Soares who I believe is available for loan from Stoke.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
No, he just doesn't have a clue, about football, positions players play in or where we should have built The Amex. Read his post history and you'll soon see it's mostly total nonsense.

Yep - total fruit loop. I just people would stop quoting him as he is the only person I have on ignore.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Wayne Bridge has tweeted?

want to know what it say's.............................suspense.....suspense?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here