Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne bridge in talks

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
NSC really has had some shite threads recently.Its clear that our new influx of fans treat this place as some kind of joke forum. Time to clamp down on all the rubbish! Mods, do your thing!

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's musings on this thread are th emost interesting. I would say 99% of the time he is right so I reckon there is more than a modicum of truth in this. Come on Bozza, spill the beans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just because he IS in talks, doesn't mean he won't be in talks with 20+ other championship and foreign clubs. I fully believe he is in TALKS as in been made an offer, that is so so so so so different to 'he is going to sign'. We have as much chance as anybody likely to be after him but that means FA.

I think this is likely. The OP says he has been in talks which may be correct.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm not disappointed - I've recently recalibrated my expectations following a surprisingly good start to the season and a subsequent reality check.

The goal this season is not promotion to the Prem - even with loan signings and the January transfer window we won't have the personnel to make it happen. But we do have players who will improve, adapt and steer us to our highest league position for many years. We then build from there.

Me too. That surely is the realistic aim for this year. Anything more is a bonus.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My disappointment is not in the fact that I expect us to be in the promotion race but in the manner in which we seem to have fallen apart recently. Yes we have El Abd to come back but I do not think that Elphick will realistically figure as a first choice although at least he would attack the ball when in the air in our box. Buckley Vicente and Hoskins will obviously help us going forward but apart from the fact that we get forward m,uch too slowly we do not have problems i that department. Our problems appear to be in a our ability to defend especially when we have taken the lead and it is in this area that I would be disappointed if Gus does not strengthen the side. Failuire to do so could result in a very difficult 2/3rd of the season. I do, however, believe that Gus will 'see the light' and strengthen in January at the latest but I would like to see some positive action now.

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Bridge wont be happening..... In talks with another championship club. Doncaster apparently ??? Heard it on football rumours so it's 100% true

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My disappointment is not in the fact that I expect us to be in the promotion race but in the manner in which we seem to have fallen apart recently. Yes we have El Abd to come back but I do not think that Elphick will realistically figure as a first choice although at least he would attack the ball when in the air in our box. Buckley Vicente and Hoskins will obviously help us going forward but apart from the fact that we get forward m,uch too slowly we do not have problems i that department. Our problems appear to be in a our ability to defend especially when we have taken the lead and it is in this area that I would be disappointed if Gus does not strengthen the side. Failuire to do so could result in a very difficult 2/3rd of the season. I do, however, believe that Gus will 'see the light' and strengthen in January at the latest but I would like to see some positive action now.

A short term loan is positive action? How can you be disappointed with 5th place in October? We've had injury problems where Murray's replacement has only played two games so far and Bennett's replacement has an ongoing hamstring problem. Patience is the key and see where we are by Christmas.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are 5th only by default and the failings of other clubs and if they get their act together we could drop like a lead balloon and a short term loan to cover until El Abd is able to offer his services would be an acceptable answer to halt the conceeding of goals. Continued results losing or winning bring about an attitude that carries on for some time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BG, you need to step back and see how far we've come in 18 months. We'd all love it if we could steamroller this division but it ain't gonna happen this season and we are gonna struggle now and again. Forget the Palace game that was a glitch, we have played moneybags Leicester and moneybags Ipswich. Even on top form with a couple of loans we'd struggle to beat either of them imo when they are on song. So we've drawn with an OK Leeds side having been 2-0 down and had a bizarre and not to be repeated mare against Palace. It's not all bad, unless you think we should have beaten Liverpool?

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How can you be disappointed with 5th place in October?

Possibly because of points dropped from winning positions would have had us top.
Possibly the disappointment is not with league position in october, but with the way we've played in our last four games (bar the second 45 v leeds and the first 25 v palace). Being 5th now means nothing. Being 5th come the end of march means something, and that won't happen if we keep playing the way we have.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Possibly because of points dropped from winning positions would have had us top.
Possibly the disappointment is not with league position in october, but with the way we've played in our last four games (bar the second 45 v leeds and the first 25 v palace). Being 5th now means nothing. Being 5th come the end of march means something, and that won't happen if we keep playing the way we have.

I understand that but I'm not disappointed. I don't think there is anything particularly wrong and we'll be in the top ten at the end of the season.

Oct 6, 2010
I understand that but I'm not disappointed. I don't think there is anything particularly wrong and we'll be in the top ten at the end of the season.

Indeed. What's the big rush?? I'm very happy with our current situation. 1st year consolidation, 2nd year push for promotion. How quickly people forget where we have come from in such a short time.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Indeed. What's the big rush?? I'm very happy with our current situation. 1st year consolidation, 2nd year push for promotion. How quickly people forget where we have come from in such a short time.

Indeed, think of who we signed this summer on the basis of winning League 1 and the POTENTIAL of success at a new ground, then compare that with who we might be able to sign after having a successful season in the Championship played in front of a sell out ground every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here