Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne bridge in talks

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Like who?

He cant go to a Prem side.

We are in the Championship now with a proper stadium, full houses, a side that is in the top six, with a great manager.

Do Leicester, Middlesboro NEED a left back? He wont go back to West Ham I'm sure.

Stop selling us short, we are no longer a noddy team in an athletics 'stadium'

Players are starting to look at us as the real deal. Which we are very close to being IMO

I know we've come a long way (baby!), but he is on very high wages and is likely to have a number of suitors IMHO... just being realistic... that is all...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I know we've come a long way (baby!), but he is on very high wages and is likely to have a number of suitors IMHO... just being realistic... that is all...

There are now only a handful of clubs in our division that are in a better financial position than ourselves, Saints, West Ham (gambling to go up), and Leicester are the only obvious examples i can think of.

All irrelavant anyway as if City are happy to take a reasonable %as they want him out then quite a few champ teams could secure him. How many of those need a left back?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
There are now only a handful of clubs in our division that are in a better financial position than ourselves, Saints, West Ham (gambling to go up), and Leicester are the only obvious examples i can think of.

All irrelavant anyway as if City are happy to take a reasonable %as they want him out then quite a few champ teams could secure him. How many of those need a left back?

How do you no that for sure? I dont think we are as well off as some like to think, dont get me wrong, we are in a better position that a few years back, but top 4 or 5 in the championship, i dont think so. I would say bottom half is more likey.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Just because he IS in talks, doesn't mean he won't be in talks with 20+ other championship and foreign clubs. I fully believe he is in TALKS as in been made an offer, that is so so so so so different to 'he is going to sign'. We have as much chance as anybody likely to be after him but that means FA.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I believe gus has said we have about the 10th-12th highest playing budget in our division.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I believe gus has said we have about the 10th-12th highest playing budget in our division.

I believe that Gus wouldn't want to tell anyone how much money he really has at his disposal but I do think that if a player comes along that he just HAS to sign that Bloom and him would sit down and talk abut it, and then sign that player.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I imagine Gus would know other teams budgets either through experience, or through people within the game talking to each other, amounts offered to players that several clubs are interested in, current wages of players, end of year finance releases.

I would agree with you chappers, both that perhap he is downplaying the budget, and also that if Gus feels he has to have a player Bloom will support him, stretching the budget if necessary.

Birmingham, Blackpool and West Ham have an additional £16M income this season that none of the other 21 clubs do - EPL parachute payments.
These clubs also have guaranteed pp's of £32M over the next three seasons (split 16:8:8), should they not be promoted.
And doesn't BHA owe a bob or two to someone?

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Birmingham, Blackpool and West Ham have an additional £16M income this season that none of the other 21 clubs do - EPL parachute payments.
These clubs also have guaranteed pp's of £32M over the next three seasons (split 16:8:8), should they not be promoted.
And doesn't BHA owe a bob or two to someone?

Birmingham are on the verge of administration. The other two you mention are in the handful. We are now up there competitively with the rest id say bar Leicester, except most of the others have more established and costly squads. Thats not to say we should overspend like the palaces of the division.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It appears to have all gone quiet on the signings front as there is no more speculation and rumours so perhaps we will have nobody new in before Saturday, which would be very disappointing.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
It appears to have all gone quiet on the signings front as there is no more speculation and rumours so perhaps we will have nobody new in before Saturday, which would be very disappointing.

this. the kid from real madrid would seem to make Bridge in addition somewhat unlikely. just Darren Carter, the views on whom, from other clubs fans, has not been promising.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea

Or we could just give our current new/injured players a chance to get to know each other and achieve establishing ourselves as a Championship team, which is surely our goal this season?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I think the team/we definitely need a kick up the rear to get us back on track and bringing in a player who appears not to be a squad member but an automatic first choice would give us the kick needed.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm not disappointed - I've recently recalibrated my expectations following a surprisingly good start to the season and a subsequent reality check.

The goal this season is not promotion to the Prem - even with loan signings and the January transfer window we won't have the personnel to make it happen. But we do have players who will improve, adapt and steer us to our highest league position for many years. We then build from there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe Gus has decided to see whether the break from some pretty intense games over a very short period and time to spend with the squad has revitalised us to the pre- Liverpool levels. We were actually coping quite well before the three 3 goal capitulations.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

It's a lose description of "very dissapointing". Sitting in the play-offs with El-Abd, Elphick, Vincente, Buckley and Hoskins on various levels returning to fitness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here