Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne bridge in talks

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was thinking that perhaps all the playing and managerial staff on the playing side had the weekend off.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that the staff were off and gus was away until tuesday. Their belief was that this meant the rumour was BS, but you are right, it could be that the day of the signing is wrong, but that it may still occur. Personally I'm in the sceptical camp, but am open to the possibility that there's substance to the rumour.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Page 13 and still not a scrap of corroborating evidence. Wayne Bridge at the Albion is a nice idea, but I think I've lost faith now

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
OTT: Wayne Bridge is the best left back since Beattie of Ipswich. And Beattie was the best of the lot!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Are you serious??? I f***ing HATE Ashley Cole believe me, but to question if he is world class? Without a doubt he is!

Sorry but for me "World Class" means that you have to have achieved something at international level. Which he hasn't. But that might have something to do with the dross that he's been forced to play with over the last 8 years or so.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Sorry but for me "World Class" means that you have to have achieved something at international level. Which he hasn't. But that might have something to do with the dross that he's been forced to play with over the last 8 years or so.

That's George best, David beckham, George Weah, Jean Pierre Papin, steve gerrard, Bryan Robson, kevin keegan, bernd schuster, Lionel messi, alfredo de stefano and cristiano ronaldo all not world class then?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

That's George best, David beckham, George Weah, Jean Pierre Papin, steve gerrard, Bryan Robson, kevin keegan, bernd schuster, Lionel messi, alfredo de stefano and cristiano ronaldo all not world class then?

That's put that one to bed then

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney, Peter Schmeichel

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008

This theory makes a player like (for example) Christophe Dugarry World Class then, he won a World Cup and a European Championship. He was far from World Class. But he still has the medals, which if you ask any of those players in Supaseagulls list, they would give anything for.

Not too sure how to define World Class.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that the staff were off and gus was away until tuesday. Their belief was that this meant the rumour was BS, but you are right, it could be that the day of the signing is wrong, but that it may still occur. Personally I'm in the sceptical camp, but am open to the possibility that there's substance to the rumour.

The DS were in yesterday and most of the staff. The players were off though. Not sure re Gus.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
As this is obviously all true, he will be in the Reserves game today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here