Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne bridge in talks

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
West Ham and Leicester will be sniffing around him soon I would think.
West Ham already have a LB on loan from a PL club - George McCartney, wouldn't make sense to sign another (especially a recently failed loanee from an era they'd like to forget). Leicester have Paul Konchesky, who they signed for around £1.5m. At the very least Bridge is going to want/expect to play if he dropped to the Championship. Forest are supposedly after a LB, but considering their league position and the fact they have no manager, surely we'd be a more attractive option for him?

So when you narrow down the options, what initially seemed a bit ridiculous now seems a genuine possibility, providing we can negotiate a reasonable percentage of the wage of course.
When was Bridge 'world class'? How many full backs in the world are on £90,000+ a week?
.. all the world class ones, which I think is the point he's making. (Dani Alves, Lahm, Marcelo, Sergio Ramos etc..)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would have thought he convert to a centre back in the Lawrenson mould. He has got the strength, mobility, and got better passing ability. He did appear to be a bit left sided last and only time I saw him live. I think we would want for the rest of the season though.

Why could he not make an impact at West Ham (a blot) ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
When was Bridge 'world class'? How many full backs in the world are on £90,000+ a week?

I didnt say Bridge was "World Class". The question was who would pay £90k for a full back, and I answered anybody who wants a world class one ala Ashley Cole, Clichy, Ramos, Roberto Carlos etc.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I didnt say Bridge was "World Class". The question was who would pay £90k for a full back, and I answered anybody who wants a world class one ala Ashley Cole, Clichy, Ramos, Roberto Carlos etc.

Fair enough but I think what he was getting at was that paying Bridge that amount is madness!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I THINK it is SAFE to say HE won't be SINGING today

I don't want him to sing - I want him to play bloody football!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Forest are supposedly after a LB, but considering their league position and the fact they have no manager, surely we'd be a more attractive option for him?

So if Forest get Wayne Bridge, then we could get their guy, whatsisname ... Joel Lynch???? Hear he's quite good.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So if Forest get Wayne Bridge, then we could get their guy, whatsisname ... Joel Lynch???? Hear he's quite good.
I'd forgotten about Lynch until I watched that Forest game that was on TV not long ago, he played really well in that (though it was a horrible match). Quality player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here