Wayne bridge in talks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was only kidding, a bit of banter because your opinion (re Bridge) is a bit odd.
I only said that because you said nothing would change your opinion. You may not have meant it so literally, but like I said, I was just taking the piss.

Apologies for not getting it in that case. In all honesty like most of us,I am still in a terrible mood since Tuesday. A win today should sort that out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
he cant go on loan to the premiership if he wants to go to a prem team he is stuck there till jan

I think he can. The loan of the chelsea player whose name escapes me at the moment was blocked because a) it was in the same window as they bought him and b) it was to a fellow premier league club. Wayne Bridge moved to Man city in 2009 so a) is not relevant and we are a championship club so b) is irrelevant.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I think he can. The loan of the chelsea player whose name escapes me at the moment was blocked because a) it was in the same window as they bought him and b) it was to a fellow premier league club. Wayne Bridge moved to Man city in 2009 so a) is not relevant and we are a championship club so b) is irrelevant.

That was while the transfer window was open, im sure the Loan window is closed to premier league clubs except emergency loans

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That was while the transfer window was open, im sure the Loan window is closed to premier league clubs except emergency loans

I don't believe the window matters to the loaning/selling club, only the buying/borrowing club's window. I can't remember who, but a player was bought from a UK (might be scottish) team, after our window was closed, by a Turkish (I think) team and was able to play for them because their transfer window was open.

Asamoah Gyan has gone on loan to Al Ain.

West Ham wouldn't have tried to take Tevez on loan if the window was closed.
Brentford have taken QPR's Borrowdale on loan (initially one month)
West Ham have taken Almunia on loan (one month emergency - initially)
Ipswich have Man City's Wabara on loan (until january)
Blackpool are loaning Liverpool's Shelvey (until the end of the year).

These were all announced yesterday.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I don't believe the window matters to the loaning/selling club, only the buying/borrowing club's window. I can't remember who, but a player was bought from a UK (might be scottish) team, after our window was closed, by a Turkish (I think) team and was able to play for them because their transfer window was open.

Asamoah Gyan has gone on loan to Al Ain.

West Ham wouldn't have tried to take Tevez on loan if the window was closed.
Brentford have taken QPR's Borrowdale on loan (initially one month)
West Ham have taken Almunia on loan (one month emergency - initially)
Ipswich have Man City's Wabara on loan (until january)
Blackpool are loaning Liverpool's Shelvey (until the end of the year).

These were all announced yesterday.

Yes as they are championship teams, what i was saying he cant go on loan to another prem club like some one said he might want to till Jan

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Isn't the discussion about bridge coming on loan to us?

yes it is but someone said he will want to go to a premier team, and i replied with what i said he wont be able to till January then.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't that imply that your present fullback Inigo has had some kind of fall-out in Spanish with Gus? Hence being dropped on Tuesday.

Nope.

I think it more likely implies that Tanno has decided that he can't last 90 minutes.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Wouldn't that imply that your present fullback Inigo has had some kind of fall-out in Spanish with Gus? Hence being dropped on Tuesday.
No, because Calderon is a RB and Bridge is a LB.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

As Beardy goal saysa, it's the wrong side, more likely that Gus wants competition for Painter/doesn't think painter has made the step up as well as he'd hoped.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Scene-from-A-Bridge-Too-F-001.jpg

Ah, yes, demolition of the old Norfolk Bridge in Shoreham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports