Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne bridge in talks

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ain't it great that we no longer dismiss as complete fantasy such outlandish rumours as Bridge coming. It may or may not happen but do any of you seriously believe that it COULDN'T happen?
This :) I'm sure it's a made up rumour - but not as sure as I'd have been in the past.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Don't think people should underestimate how our start to the league, the attendances, Vicente and our performances on telly will be attracting a higher caliber of player than we were looking at over the summer.

Not saying Bridge is coming, but we're an attractive proposition to Premiership reserves

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
He isn't shite at all. It wasn't that long ago he kept Ashley Cole out of the Chelsea and England team. In this league, I am sure he would turn out to be a great acquisition.

No. Granted it is just my opinion, but he is woeful. Everyone has an opinion when it comes to football and that is mine, and nothing will change that. Granted, he can get forward and has a decent cross. Defensively he makes Painter look like .... err well Ashley Cole.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No thanks, he is shite.
No. Granted it is just my opinion, but he is woeful. Everyone has an opinion when it comes to football and that is mine, and nothing will change that.
Well you're opinion is complete bollox. And if he came here and was our best player (which he could be) you still wouldn't change your opinion, which explains how you ended up with such a shit opinion in the first place.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
No. Granted it is just my opinion, but he is woeful. Everyone has an opinion when it comes to football and that is mine, and nothing will change that. Granted, he can get forward and has a decent cross. Defensively he makes Painter look like .... err well Ashley Cole.

Over the last couple of games the bar hasn't been set that high.The problem is we don't have long term cover at full back we have players that can cover but no real pressure on painter/calderon for their places in the team long term.
We have competition for places everywhere except at full back & in goal which has been highlighted in the last few games.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Anybody remember the England - Croatia game, the game we lost 3-2. I'm sure Wayne Bridge was to blame for at least two goals. I have never seen such a piss-poor performance from an England Left-back for years!
Might be able to do a job in The Championship for a season though...

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Anybody remember the England - Croatia game, the game we lost 3-2. I'm sure Wayne Bridge was to blame for at least two goals. I have never seen such a piss-poor performance from an England Left-back for years!
Might be able to do a job in The Championship for a season though...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well you're opinion is complete bollox. And if he came here and was our best player (which he could be) you still wouldn't change your opinion, which explains how you ended up with such a shit opinion in the first place.

Over the last couple of games the bar hasn't been set that high.The problem is we don't have long term cover at full back we have players that can cover but no real pressure on painter/calderon for their places in the team long term.
We have competition for places everywhere except at full back & in goal which has been highlighted in the last few games.

I agree we need a full back as competition / cover, in order to put pressure on those in the squad. Trig, I give an opinion and you reply like a petulant child. I did not expect or want you or anyone to agree with it. I gave my opinion, which because it is clearly different to yours , you think its bollox.

And no you numpty, of course if he came here and was fantastic, I would change my opinion. Clearly what I meant was people like you who think they know it all will not change my opinion. I have a brain and a pair of eyes and a passion for football and feel I have a right to an opinion of my own, instead of following the crowd. ie - Oh he played for England and Chelsea and Man City, he must be great. Sorry I just don't agree with you. Big deal. If you want to make a sensible argument then feel free, but " your opinion is bollox" does not really carry any weight or have a shred of intelligence does it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trig, I give an opinion and you reply like a petulant child.
I was only kidding, a bit of banter because your opinion (re Bridge) is a bit odd.
And no you numpty, of course if he came here and was fantastic, I would change my opinion.
I only said that because you said nothing would change your opinion. You may not have meant it so literally, but like I said, I was just taking the piss.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Could be a better signing than Vicente based on knowing English football and having a better injury record. Apart from the Croatia game when he was utter dog shit (who wasn't that night) his a quality left back and would improve our team immeasurably. His quick, has a great delivery and would be the best full back in the championship.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
"Now Wayne,we want you to play for us ,how about £5000 a week ? "errrrr but i am on £90000 aweek !........so man city pay loads to get rid . IMO i would run a mile,please lets use our scouting network and recrute a player with a future . Waynes future is over ! I am sorry Wayne "its downhill from now on ".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here