Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne bridge in talks

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I'm sure City would pay his wages, he's not gonna get into there team and I doubt he's on 90k a week anyway, maybe 50/60 k.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
really he was truly awful at West Ham last season, that said this league might be his standard now.

Yeah after all why on earth would we want an established prem player and till recently England international in our team !! Come to think of it it's been a while since vicente played for Spain so he prob not good enough for our team now what with us being so massive now

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Yeah after all why on earth would we want an established prem player and till recently England international in our team !! Come to think of it it's been a while since vicente played for Spain so he prob not good enough for our team now what with us being so massive now

His not prem league standard any more hence the reason why not ONE PREM team has come in for him and his transfer listed? i didnt say we shouldnt go for him this league is his standard now, but his wages will be huge.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I hate to say it as I like him a lot but Painter is the weakest link in the back four for me. He's lost the confidence to bring the ball out and play it inside when Noone isn't an option. It goes backwards or its played to Noone under pressure who at best can only hope to win a throw 10 yards further up the pitch.

Very sensible post ... add to it it that teams are now attacking us down our left side and exposing his lack of pace

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Would be poetic justice of a kind if he ousted a John Terry lookalike from our starting line-up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whether it's Wayne Bridge or not I reckon Gus and Tanno would have got assurances from TB that bringing in quality loan players in the short term would have been part of the 5 year deal. Gus is going to want to get out of this division asap. Ain't it great that we no longer dismiss as complete fantasy such outlandish rumours as Bridge coming. It may or may not happen but do any of you seriously believe that it COULDN'T happen? How quickly times have changed, as TB said who could have imagined a couple of years ago that 60,000 people would be watching the Albion at home over one week???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Strange, South Today tonight covered the Brighton Eye 360 and the Brighton Wheel but did not mention Brighton's Bridge ?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
He isn't shite at all. It wasn't that long ago he kept Ashley Cole out of the Chelsea and England team. In this league, I am sure he would turn out to be a great acquisition.

he last played for england almost 2 years ago?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought he was the best visiting left back I saw at Withdean. And one of the best I have ever seen.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
City keen to loan out Bridge | Manchester City News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

The 31-year-old rejected a loan move to Celtic before the transfer window closed and Mancini feels the former Chelsea defender would benefit from playing in the Championship.

"I think that it is better for him if we can find a good solution in the Championship," said Mancini.

If they pay his wages I can see Brighton and Gus in particular being a popular option for Prem managers.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
City keen to loan out Bridge | Manchester City News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

The 31-year-old rejected a loan move to Celtic before the transfer window closed and Mancini feels the former Chelsea defender would benefit from playing in the Championship.

"I think that it is better for him if we can find a good solution in the Championship," said Mancini.

If they pay his wages I can see Brighton and Gus in particular being a popular option for Prem managers.

I think that may have lost something in translation and he probably meant premiership.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
he cant go on loan to the premiership if he wants to go to a prem team he is stuck there till jan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here