Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge - best ever ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:wozza:

Sake! About the only thing going for that useless lump is that he wasn't Dodgy Dan Harding :lol:
I'm really beginning to dislike you Tom.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Didnt Gus say that in his opinion Wayne Bridge was the 4th best left back in England or was it the 4th best English left back.

In England, I'd have thought. Who is better other than the gun-toting t**t Cole? Baines possibly. No-one else.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I sat in the east stand yesterday, and me and group of mates were enthusing about him over a half time pint on the Concourse The bloke is incredible, for a left back he sits so far up the pitch. He was making all his runs, flicks and one twos right infront of us. So calm and confident on the ball, he's definitely the best I've seen since I started watching Albion in 84.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And to think how gutted we all were when we didn't get joe mattock. Begs the question where would we be if we had mattock instead of bridge
A shitstorming binfest would be nearer the mark.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, by a country mile.

The Mullery teams did not have a LB of his England class.

Spot on. I've been watching Albion since 1966 and he's easily the best, I can't think of anyone who even comes close. I'm sure the people saying 'Kerry Mayo' are being ironic, it's like saying Richie Barker is better than Ulloa

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What about this chap? Jacob Cohen.

Unlike Bridge, this fella was still playing international football at left-back while with the Albion....

jacobcohen.jpg

"We've got an Israeli international!" (two actually)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here