Watford's defence

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Watford have conceded at least 2 goals in each of their past 5 games and conceded on average 2 goals at home in the league this season.

I want to see us attack them. CMS and paynter up top and 2 out and out wingers. With the injuries that would mean Noone and KLL starting with bridcutt and sparrow/vincelot in the middle. Start the game quick and have it won by HT!!

Up the Albion.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I agree we should go at them but don't think we should play KLL and Noone. One or the other for me otherwise we lose our balance in midfield.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
There haven't been many better times to play Watford over the last few years, it has to be said

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Watford have conceded at least 2 goals in each of their past 5 games and conceded on average 2 goals at home in the league this season.

I want to see us attack them. Start the game quick and have it won by HT!!

Indeed, 1 goal in the last 9 first halves is bringing the oppo onto us, let's tear into em

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I may be a glass half empty person, but there appears to be a sense we are going to simply roll Watford over. I think their league position actually belies a team that is playing a bit better than their results suggest. They went 3-0 up against P'Boro, were very very unlucky to concede a 94th min winner to Hull, ok got turned over by Leicester, and lets face it a very confident Palace side, but probably deserved 3 pts against Forest, beat Reading at their place.

Tough game tomorrow night I think.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Everyone seems to think we are just going to turn up and win at Watford !...

Did they not get a late winner at home on Saturday ?..Im sure they will carry quite a bit of momentum into tommorow's game and will be looking at it as a great chance to get back to back victories against a sidde who has not won in 8.

Sure our form looks like its on the turn, but too many people thinking we are going to pick up 9 points in our next 3 games as a formaility as its against sides that are struggling a bit, there is NO such thing as an easy win in this league.

Sure if we play to our potential we can beat anyone, but that can be said of most sides.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Everyone seems to think we are just going to turn up and win at Watford !...

Did they not get a late winner at home on Saturday ?..Im sure they will carry quite a bit of momentum into tommorow's game and will be looking at it as a great chance to get back to back victories against a sidde who has not won in 8.

Sure our form looks like its on the turn, but too many people thinking we are going to pick up 9 points in our next 3 games as a formaility as its against sides that are struggling a bit, there is NO such thing as an easy win in this league.

Sure if we play to our potential we can beat anyone, but that can be said of most sides.

Agree with all of that tbh, there are no easy games in this league

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I personally think 1-4-5. With rush goalie to boot. We might let in about 5, but we'll score about 10 :D

Championship Manager c.1997, that was my EXACT tactic, served me very well.

I predict Watford 1-3 Albion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seeing as we can't score goals, a lucky 0-1 will do me, probably an og.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Shirley, we'd have better balance with a winger each side!

Yes I agree. I think the 3 centre mids and 1 winger worked well at the start of the season but a part of our recent form has been a lack of attacking impetus which I think stems by having too many central midfielders on. Let's get the ball out wide quickly and then into the front 2 - not losing out passing style of course but just quicker!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports