Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bugger just seen this in the athletic

Seeing Dennis on the floor in the final throes of his first appearance and then hobbling off was concerning but any injury is not likely to keep him from playing against Brighton in Watford’s next game.

Interesting player. Doesn't score much but seemed very lively on Saturday. Used to play with Percy at Brugges. Scored twice Vs Madrid at the bernebeau and was incredible in that game. Disappointing we weren't looking at this guy at 4 million.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They are a bit better and more experienced than last time they were up and have a decent chance of staying in the league. Wont be easy obviously but got chance of winning against them. First goal will be very important I think as both teams are dangerous on counters/when there is a bit of space.

Whatever the results, I expect a better game from a pure quality/entertainment perspective.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We got VERY lucky v Burnley. They were THAT close - twice! - to it being game over by HT. Watford next up in our inevitable mini-league at the foot of the table hopefully won't cancel that unlikely win out

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hopefully Veltman will come in for Duffy, to counter Watfords pace upfront.

Veltman at RWB please, where he's most needed in the absence of Lamptey - and March at LWB. No more fannying around with players playing out of position in the important role of wingback, thank you. Duffy will be fine with Dunk and Webster each side of him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Veltman at RWB please, where he's most needed in the absence of Lamptey - and March at LWB. No more fannying around with players playing out of position in the important role of wingback, thank you. Duffy will be fine with Dunk and Webster each side of him.

Gross has done well as RWB imo, wouldnt worry too much if he played there again.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought their second goal was fortunate and once villa woke up they cut through Watford’s defence pretty easily. Our full backs nullifying the wide players will be key to this one and Watford will face a harder test against our centre backs than Mings offering his usual gifts to Watford’s attacking players.

How they setup fits the kind of side we generally do well against so alongside proper crowds back at Amex am positive for a point or 3 on Saturday

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We got VERY lucky v Burnley. They were THAT close - twice! - to it being game over by HT. Watford next up in our inevitable mini-league at the foot of the table hopefully won't cancel that unlikely win out

Unlikely win definitely. First comeback in 48 away from home !! But it was also fine margins that Tarkowski wasn't sent off for the Biss challenge, the Burnley goal wasn't chalked off, and then it would have been over for them by HT.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd say after match week 1 :facepalm: my wild prediction of no promoted team will be relegated has moved a knats gonad closer to sanity.

Still a long way to go but if Norwich can keep within 3 points of City while the other maintain their advantage I reckon I might be ok.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gosh I can't keep up.

Do we get more points once we've totaled up all the 'ifs, buts, and fine margins'?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Need to deal with Sarr, a top 6 player playing in a bottom 10 side.

Agree, hugely dangerous. Would have put money on him leaving when they got relegated. Might be imagining it but seem to recall Liverpool having a good look at him

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Agree, hugely dangerous. Would have put money on him leaving when they got relegated. Might be imagining it but seem to recall Liverpool having a good look at him

I think there was interest but nothing concrete, nobody would match the asking price.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unlikely win definitely. First comeback in 48 away from home !! But it was also fine margins that Tarkowski wasn't sent off for the Biss challenge, the Burnley goal wasn't chalked off, and then it would have been over for them by HT.

Same fine margins that so often seemed to go against us last season!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Watford will be a dangerous proposition offensively - so our defence will need to be more on their game than the 1st half on Saturday - would help if Veltman was back, if he is I'd stick with the same back 3, and have Veltman RWB and March LWB & think we'd be solid. However, their defence can very much be got and they'll concede chances.

I'm assuming that Veltman is double jabbed, in which case he can be back in training today if his unavailability was due to being a close contact, can't he?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Aston Villa were a shambles and whilst they did score three, on another day two could easily not have gone in.

Watford have some pace, some talent, but we have more and will have the crowd behind us at home. I'm optimistic.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm assuming that Veltman is double jabbed, in which case he can be back in training today if his unavailability was due to being a close contact, can't he?

I believe that is the case, just hoping for the good news/confirmation from the club!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Sarr is a tremendous player. Keep him off the ball and I don't see any reason why we can't make it back-to-back wins. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here