Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Crystal Palace tonight

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We sold out the allocation we were given. Fact. Our owners are a cautious bunch and don't like to waste a penny so they looked at the early ticket sales, saw they were modest in the early stages and chose not to take up the additional allocation that we could have requested as any unsold tickets would have had to of come out of their pockets. In reality, most Palace fans were waiting for the end of month pay-day by but then the option to take more had passed. We would have easily sold more, there were multiple fans asking for spare away tickets at the station, in the pubs and outside the ground last night. And as I have already said a lot ended up in the home areas. But don't let the facts ruin a good story ???

Not a story just the truth. Watford away end holds 3k, you sold 2300 because your chairman did not believe his fickle fans would buy them. You have read his comments, so where are my facts wrong?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We sold out the allocation we were given. Fact. Our owners are a cautious bunch and don't like to waste a penny so they looked at the early ticket sales, saw they were modest in the early stages and chose not to take up the additional allocation that we could have requested as any unsold tickets would have had to of come out of their pockets. In reality, most Palace fans were waiting for the end of month pay-day by but then the option to take more had passed. We would have easily sold more, there were multiple fans asking for spare away tickets at the station, in the pubs and outside the ground last night. And as I have already said a lot ended up in the home areas. But don't let the facts ruin a good story ???

So why didn't CPFC2010 take a gamble and ask Watford for just another 100 or 200 tickets on the basis fans would be paid at the end of the month ? After the initial allocation which is sent on a sale or return basis is sold any additional tickets have to be paid for up front with no refunds but there isn't a commitment to take what is left of the total allocation.

:lolol: All the way to Watford and you couldn't sell out because the majority of fans were waiting for pay day ? Feck me that is funny. I've heard some bullshit from your lot over the years but that is the best yet. Almost on a par with last time you went to Watford and Palace reckoned that thousands got in through a whole in the fence and therefore didn't register as being present.:lolol:

What next? you'll be claiming you sold out for your home Carling Cup Semi Final ? :lol:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Not a story just the truth. Watford away end holds 3k, you sold 2300 because your chairman did not believe his fickle fans would buy them. You have read his comments, so where are my facts wrong?

If you had of fully read my post you would have answered your own question. Our board were not prepared to risk taking up the extra 700. Fair enough, it's there money but there was no need to be so cautious IMO, it was obvious most people would buy on pay day but unlike our previous owners, CPFC2010 are not big risk takers when it comes to the clubs money.

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
So why didn't CPFC2010 take a gamble and ask Watford for just another 100 or 200 tickets on the basis fans would be paid at the end of the month ? After the initial allocation which is sent on a sale or return basis is sold any additional tickets have to be paid for up front with no refunds but there isn't a commitment to take what is left of the total allocation.

That wasn't an option, it was 2300 or 3000, Watford had to know by a certain date as home fans would be sitting in those seats if we didn't take up the allocation.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
:lolol: All the way to Watford and you couldn't sell out because the majority of fans were waiting for pay day ? Feck me that is funny. I've heard some bullshit from your lot over the years but that is the best yet. Almost on a par with last time you went to Watford and Palace reckoned that thousands got in through a whole in the fence and therefore didn't register as being present.:lolol:

What next? you'll be claiming you sold out for your home Carling Cup Semi Final ? :lol:

Think we sold 1600 early on. What is so unreasonable about people waiting for pay-day before buying there tickets? A lot of people are living on tight budgets these days you know.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Did you watch the game? Still think we are a long ball side? No, thought not. For 70 mins we out classed the so called best passing side in this division.

Considering we are missing 6 first team players, our second half performance was magnificent. We made Watford look like utter shite and completely deserved a win against the form team in the division. With our entire back four returning from injury, and Jedinak slotting back into midfield, as well as Williams and Dobbie getting match fit... We look a very good bet for automatic promotion.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
That wasn't an option, it was 2300 or 3000, Watford had to know by a certain date as home fans would be sitting in those seats if we didn't take up the allocation.

Mate, don't bother getting into it with them on attendances. It is literally all they have so you know damn sure they are going to have all the information on it.

The fact remains that our support pisses all over theirs no matter how many of them there are. We prove it every game we play as do they. As I said earlier, would they still be singing and supporting their team at 2-0 down ? No, they didn't at Selhurst, and if they don't do it at their biggest rivals, believe me they don't do it ever. They have the numbers, they don't have the support. Leave them to it.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

With Millwall away The Weed away still to come plus some big games away from home as we try to cement a playoff place I wouldn't bet on your 100 or so better away following this year staying that way.
2,300 at Watford as well last night not bad for a team averaging 17,000 odd I thought you were getting 27,000 at home matches but only take a 100 more than us away.
Odd lot you plastics .

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Yes I did. What comment are you wanting to make?

I just wonder how you get to 'didn't look like scoring more' and 'were lucky to score 2' when we had all that dominance and 17 shots. Exactly what is your criteria to agree that someone is likely to score and could have got more than 2 ?

Feb 14, 2010
With Millwall away The Weed away still to come plus some big games away from home as we try to cement a playoff place I wouldn't bet on your 100 or so better away following this year staying that way.
2,300 at Watford as well last night not bad for a team averaging 17,000 odd I thought you were getting 27,000 at home matches but only take a 100 more than us away.
Odd lot you plastics .

Its 25 miles from Croydon to Watford. We don't have one away game a mere 25 miles away. You also are pushing automatic promotion, we are mid table. Palace away support is and always has been poor. W took more to the likes of Chesterfield in the lower leagues than you take to games 25 miles away.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mate, don't bother getting into it with them on attendances. It is literally all they have so you know damn sure they are going to have all the information on it.

The fact remains that our support pisses all over theirs no matter how many of them there are. We prove it every game we play as do they. As I said earlier, would they still be singing and supporting their team at 2-0 down ? No, they didn't at Selhurst, and if they don't do it at their biggest rivals, believe me they don't do it ever. They have the numbers, they don't have the support. Leave them to it.

Bellend.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good match to watch. Right result really. All good as points above us dropped.

Being honest, unless Upson and Ulloa improve us, I wouldn't want to meet either side over 2 legs in the playoffs.

It's all about us now though. We play 2 matches before Watford or Palace kick another ball :beer:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Wow Tapatalk is in ECHO MODE :

Good match to watch. Right result really. All good as points above us dropped.

Being honest, unless Upson and Ulloa improve us, I wouldn't want to meet either side over 2 legs in the playoffs.

It's all about us now though. We play 2 matches before Watford or Palace kick another ball :beer:

This

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Its 25 miles from Croydon to Watford. We don't have one away game a mere 25 miles away. You also are pushing automatic promotion, we are mid table. Palace away support is and always has been poor. W took more to the likes of Chesterfield in the lower leagues than you take to games 25 miles away.

Utter bollox

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Last time you visited South Yorkshire (Barnsley) this season you took 419 , which was a big improvement on last season when you took 228 - just goes to show that you have a high percentage of glory hunters :lolol:

Prem must be praying you don't come up.

BTW - we still average more away this season than you despite the distances to travel.

And I'll bet that you haven't gone to any of those away games yourself...

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

Feb 14, 2010
Utter bollox

No mate, I was there at Chesterfield for a lower league match with 3000 odd other Brighton fans. Charlie Oatway got booked for biting someone and then sent off for a body check and so as usual our players let us down again (although t be fair I cant recall the score), but the support was there. Palace, well 25 miles from home and they cant sell 3000 tickets when pushing for an automatic promotion slot to the top flight. That my friend is the difference between our clubs.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A dead cert that once phallus and mr interesting ( wcp ) appeared this thread would descend into a attendance wank fest .

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
No mate, I was there at Chesterfield for a lower league match with 3000 odd other Brighton fans. Charlie Oatway got booked for biting someone and then sent off for a body check and so as usual our players let us down again (although t be fair I cant recall the score), but the support was there. Palace, well 25 miles from home and they cant sell 3000 tickets when pushing for an automatic promotion slot to the top flight. That my friend is the difference between our clubs.

You've blatantly just chosen a one off lower league game in your history that obviously was a game that had significant consequences in your season (close to promotion or relegation 6 pointer i would guess) to make it look like you have big away support then compared that to a game which we actually sold out our allocation! You couldn't make it up. That's like me claiming we are a bigger club with better away support than you as we took 5700 fans to Sheffield Wednesday 2 and a half ago in the game where one of the sides would be relegated and comparing that to the 1200 you took last week for a normal league game of no real importance. You really are getting desperate now aren't you WCP!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here