Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Crystal Palace tonight

Feb 14, 2010
Where I have made stuff up ? You were saying the Charity Shield is just a friendly , it wasn't considered as a "minor trophy" game until the 1970's. Not everything written on Wikipedia is accurate so I double checked my information from a written book. In 1910 , The Charity Shield was contested between Aston Villa , League One champions who played Brighton & Hove Albion , Southern League Champions for the honour of best team in England.

Its a losing battle mate, palace fans on NSC just dont know enough about football as their proud boast of Auto Zenith Windscreen Cup or whatever it was before it was scrapped due to lack of interest shows

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not surprised the Palace's away support is ok away from home, compared to their home support. The thought of escaping from areas such as Croydon, Thornton Heath, Addington, Selhurst etc for a while, must seem very inviting and pleasurable.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Feck me Palace get a decent turn out at Watford and suddenly they're "the best supporters in the League":lolol:

It's 25 miles up the motorway at best - would we take more to Crawley - of course we would.

Charlton & Watford is the only game they turn up for. They never sell out at Millwall because the old sphincter goes big time.

Any game North of Leicester and they will be lucky to get 500 - and this is when they are pushing for an automatic promotion spot.:lolol:

Your dad (the dustman)must of been a Palace fan.
Hope your enjoying the view from down there.
That must hurt after spending 4.5 million on two strikers while you gave us your best one for free I understand your bitterness but let it go,it only eats away at you I dread to think how you will feel if you fail to beat us again in march x x

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Let me guess, The Major? I highly doubt that is true.

No it wasn't a thread started by The Major , the information was gathered from a website which details the away followings and then posted on here.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If you're referring to last night then you are talking shite, we sold out the allocation we were given. I know plenty of Palace that had to sit in the home ends.

How about this comment from your own chairman

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Knight
What is our allocation?

2300. There was an option of taking another block of 700 but I don't think they will be needed.

So in truth you did not sell the away end, because your chairman knows he has fickle fans and did not want to be stuck with them like he was when you did not sell you allocation away to Charlton.

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyaleagle

I can't remember the last time Watford away didn't sell out. I know it costs extra to get the other 700 tickets, but i think judging on previous sales and with them 4th and us 5th in the league, it seems silly that you have not done so. Now many fans like myself who couldn't get tickets until this week due to financial circumstances, we can now not go.
Just a thought

Fair enough. It was a gamble.
Remember that Charlton away didn't sell out and this is a live TV game on a Friday night. It's not like we make any money out of away games so we'd have regretted it if we had had a few hundred left over.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Quote:
What is our allocation?

2300. There was an option of taking another block of 700 but I don't think they will be needed.

So in truth you did not sell the away end, because your chairman knows he has fickle fans and did not want to be stuck with them like he was when you did not sell you allocation away to Charlton.

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Quote:

I can't remember the last time Watford away didn't sell out. I know it costs extra to get the other 700 tickets, but i think judging on previous sales and with them 4th and us 5th in the league, it seems silly that you have not done so. Now many fans like myself who couldn't get tickets until this week due to financial circumstances, we can now not go.
Just a thought

Remember that Charlton away didn't sell out and this is a live TV game on a Friday night. It's not like we make any money out of away games so we'd have regretted it if we had had a few hundred left over.

I only hope The Albion ask for the ticket money up front for the game on March 17th with this sort of attitude.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
1985? saw Brighton have a lot (over 100) of fans arrested up there perhaps it was that year.

That sounds about right. Went up with my mate and his dad who was not a Brighton or palace fan. Somehow he (the dad) managed to get through the whole game alive cheering for palace who he thought were Brighton. He stood away from us so we weren't able to correct his error. We lost 1-0 and in view of the trouble I think he was very fortunate not to have received a kicking.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I only hope The Albion ask for the ticket money up front for the game on March 17th with this sort of attitude.

I's insist upon it,i would like Palace to have 5,000 down here,but as we have been given derisory allocations for the last 2 visits-i insist we give them an initial allocation of 1,900 rising to 2,600..

To "Quote" An eye for an eye makes us both blind

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Im just saying they were caught up in the emotion of things . I don't think they are badly injured but at the same time very angry that someone is mindless enough to do such a thing !

I meant that I don't like it when palace equalize. Even I don't resent you lot celebrating a goal. Except for perhaps that Murray one....my that still hurts lol!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Jeez, its going to be tight at the end of the season when you get all your extra 'attendance' points added on...

££££££ income fanbase newly created fans........points worthy imo

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I's insist upon it,i would like Palace to have 5,000 down here,but as we have been given derisory allocations for the last 2 visits-i insist we give them an initial allocation of 1,900 rising to 2,600..

From what their chairman says we have given them 2500 only.

So I think the club have just matched what we where given by them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Paul Barber said at the Seagulls Over Burwash Q & A session a couple of nights ago that Palace are only getting the same amount as they gave us

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
From what their chairman says we have given them 2500 only.

So I think the club have just matched what we where given by them.

This is good- serves them right...........don't want any palace bitching about allocations now,when we did we did it with them & us in mind.....they started it...

Fans from other clubs will say "Palace only took 2,500 to Brighton" ,this is wrong..

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Quote:
What is our allocation?

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

Quote:

Just a thought

We sold out the allocation we were given. Fact. Our owners are a cautious bunch and don't like to waste a penny so they looked at the early ticket sales, saw they were modest in the early stages and chose not to take up the additional allocation that we could have requested as any unsold tickets would have had to of come out of their pockets. In reality, most Palace fans were waiting for the end of month pay-day by but then the option to take more had passed. We would have easily sold more, there were multiple fans asking for spare away tickets at the station, in the pubs and outside the ground last night. And as I have already said a lot ended up in the home areas. But don't let the facts ruin a good story ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jeez, its going to be tight at the end of the season when you get all your extra 'attendance' points added on...

I quite like the idea of adding on another 35,000 for the trip to Wembley to boost the attendance points , it may happen , you never know :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I quite like the idea of adding on another 35,000 for the trip to Wembley to boost the attendance points , it may happen , you never know :lol:

That's the Palace way-we don't cheat.

1200? Poor. Expect us to have double that up there in 2 weeks time. And please don't give us the old 'you have a shorter journey time' crap. 60 mins more travel time hardly makes much difference if you really want to support your team.

Last time you visited South Yorkshire (Barnsley) this season you took 419 , which was a big improvement on last season when you took 228 - just goes to show that you have a high percentage of glory hunters :lolol:

Prem must be praying you don't come up.

BTW - we still average more away this season than you despite the distances to travel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here