Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Crystal Palace tonight

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Check.

Check

Check:

Because you couldn't score more than Watford. It's not like you looked as though you would score more, you did well to score two.

You didn't see the game did you Trig.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Agree with that statement although I could do without the equalizing bit. I remember some of our fans invading one of your stands (can't remember which) in the early 80's and fighting outside Selhurst.. Put me off going back up. We can all do without idiots like that.

Im just saying they were caught up in the emotion of things . I don't think they are badly injured but at the same time very angry that someone is mindless enough to do such a thing !

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I watched the game , thought palace started slowly and got punished. Williams came on and looked good.

After equalizing palace kinda stopped though :p

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Palace take a few thousand 35mins up the road and the holmesdale spastics constantly sing their euro pop imitation chants. That impressed any of you pussies?
18months ago the NSK tried the same thing that the spastics do and everyone hated it. I must admit I find it cringeworthy shite. It sounds much better when you get a few thousand singing proper football songs. The atmos and proper songs between us and Arsenal, Sheff W, Leeds or Millwall this season sounded much better and more intimidating than lots of whoa whoa laa laa shite! Those complementing palace and saying I wish we sounded like that, are probably the same twats that don't sing.

Regarding on the pitch, palace look good going forward but poor at the back. I sometimes think because of our last 30yr history some Albion fans have an inferiority complex with Palace. We haven't done too well in our last few meetings but I didn't see anything tonight we can't beat.

Put your white flags away and start getting behind an Albion side that can go on a winning run between now and the end of the season.

Our crowds are bigger, our fans have more passion (could palace survive what we did?), our team is better(IMO), our stadium puts us light years ahead of them, our manager is better, out future is brighter, WE ARE BRIGHTON!

You quite comfortable with calling people spastics are you? Really, in 2013? Maybe give a thought to people who are disabled sometime, or change your username to captain anything but sensible...

Feck me Palace get a decent turn out at Watford and suddenly they're "the best supporters in the League":lolol:

It's 25 miles up the motorway at best - would we take more to Crawley - of course we would.

Charlton & Watford is the only game they turn up for. They never sell out at Millwall because the old sphincter goes big time.

Any game North of Leicester and they will be lucky to get 500 - and this is when they are pushing for an automatic promotion spot.:lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Feck me Palace get a decent turn out at Watford and suddenly they're "the best supporters in the League":lolol:

It's 25 miles up the motorway at best - would we take more to Crawley - of course we would.

Charlton & Watford is the only game they turn up for. They never sell out at Millwall because the old sphincter goes big time.

Any game North of Leicester and they will be lucky to get 500 - and this is when they are pushing for an automatic promotion spot.:lolol:

:lolol: harsh but true

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

They didn't even fill the away end for such an important game.
But Steve Parish knows he has fickle fans

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

500? You do make me laugh Phallus, where do you get your stats from, bullshit.com? Pretty certain that this season our away average attendance will be considerably higher than yours, even last year on average you took around 100 more than us despite it being a new league for you and you doing pretty well in the league. Compare this to us and we were visiting grounds that we had been to numerous times having been in this league for 14 of the last 15 seasons.

And wasn't there a Sheff Wed fan on here the other day mocking your pathetic numbers up there and library like noise? I think the gentlemen in question said that the mighty Wycombe Wanderers had better support than you?? :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Really!!! pathetic and EXCUSE LESS..................... I await the excuses from the "Deluded"

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
But Steve Parish knows he has fickle fans

If you're referring to last night then you are talking shite, we sold out the allocation we were given. I know plenty of Palace that had to sit in the home ends.

Feb 14, 2010
And wasn't there a Sheff Wed fan on here the other day mocking your pathetic numbers up there and library like noise? I think the gentlemen in question said that the mighty Wycombe Wanderers had better support than you?? :lolol:[/QUOTE]

Shef Weds fans dont like it that the MASSIVE Shef W get between 7000 to 10000 less at home than we do. We had about 1100/1200 up at there place, and they 17000 down at ours. Difference is that of our support, most made the journey from Sussex to Yorkshire. Their support to us mainly was made up of London Owls because half of Yorkshire has migrated to the capital. As for our respective away supports well despite the fact that palace have considerably shorter and easier journeys to away games, you still take less than us to away games. Personally I've been to places like Chesterfield with over 3000 Albion for a regular league game and even 800 on a midweek at Rochdale. Palace away support just is not as good as ours. Id also give a shout to Plymouth for having a superb away support.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:lol: yeah you keep telling yourself that fella ! Jesus if you're going to make stuff up and go on about thick Palace fans while you blatantly don't know your stuff, can't you at least go to Wikipedia or something ?? Have at least some knowledge please...

Where I have made stuff up ? You were saying the Charity Shield is just a friendly , it wasn't considered as a "minor trophy" game until the 1970's. Not everything written on Wikipedia is accurate so I double checked my information from a written book. In 1910 , The Charity Shield was contested between Aston Villa , League One champions who played Brighton & Hove Albion , Southern League Champions for the honour of best team in England.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Shef Weds fans dont like it that the MASSIVE Shef W get between 7000 to 10000 less at home than we do. We had about 1100/1200 up at there place, and they 17000 down at ours. Difference is that of our support, most made the journey from Sussex to Yorkshire. Their support to us mainly was made up of London Owls because half of Yorkshire has migrated to the capital. As for our respective away supports well despite the fact that palace have considerably shorter and easier journeys to away games, you still take less than us to away games. Personally I've been to places like Chesterfield with over 3000 Albion for a regular league game and even 800 on a midweek at Rochdale. Palace away support just is not as good as ours. Id also give a shout to Plymouth for having a superb away support.

1200? Poor. Expect us to have double that up there in 2 weeks time. And please don't give us the old 'you have a shorter journey time' crap. 60 mins more travel time hardly makes much difference if you really want to support your team.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And wasn't there a Sheff Wed fan on here the other day mocking your pathetic numbers up there and library like noise? I think the gentlemen in question said that the mighty Wycombe Wanderers had better support than you?? :lolol:

You make a good point there-reference London support and South based fans-

Brighton and Palace when they travel "Bickering aside" travel in the good old fashioned way.

- - - Updated - - -

Feb 14, 2010
1200? Poor. Expect us to have double that up there in 2 weeks time. And please don't give us the old 'you have a shorter journey time' crap. 60 mins more travel time hardly makes much difference if you really want to support your team.

I would hope so as well given you are pushing for automatic promotion not mid table, you also have recent history with Shef W. As for travel time you have every season between 7 to 14 games within 1 .5 hours travel. We have, well, 1 maybe 2 and despite this you take less than us to away games. Northern teams away support to ours is always inflated by the amount of people that have moved to London. Shef W really are upset that the MASSIVE Shef W get smaller crowds than us and actually when you look at the records over the years for head to head games, this is not unusual either.. and boy do they hate it. As for away support well Brighton just do have a large away support and it stood up very well in the lower leagues as well. Palace just dont have a large away support, they never have.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
500? You do make me laugh Phallus, where do you get your stats from, bullshit.com? Pretty certain that this season our away average attendance will be considerably higher than yours, even last year on average you took around 100 more than us despite it being a new league for you and you doing pretty well in the league. Compare this to us and we were visiting grounds that we had been to numerous times having been in this league for 14 of the last 15 seasons.

Someone added up the average away support so far this season on another thread , we still take more away than you do.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
5,000 could have been added to our away average if Palace gave us the tickets they gave Saints last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here