Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Crystal Palace tonight

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did you watch the game? Still think we are a long ball side? No, thought not. For 70 mins we out classed the so called best passing side in this division.

All the neutral news reports say Palace came back to secure a point and the two sides were equally matched over the 90 odd minutes.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Even though the BBS has several posts moaning about you playing the long ball game last night, which "doesn't work for Murray"?
Horrible hoofball for the first 20 minutes, which was cut out almost every time. Change of tactics to a passing game, and we wiped the floor with them.

- - - Updated - - -

All the neutral news reports say Palace came back to secure a point and the two sides were equally matched over the 90 odd minutes.

The Watford forums from attendees are consistent that we dominated and deserved to win.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Interested in the result but not a long discussion about the match.

FFS why do people bite to the idiotic posts ? By all means have a reasonable debate and I suppose one has to accept that is what Dougie tries to do in his posts (over 1000 in another club's site is a bit odd though)

It also shows that he stoops to petty responses. How on earth did we get from last night's match to the Charity shield?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The best thing about last night was the result. A draw was good for us. Roll on 17th March. By all the Palace fans reckoning, they are far superior to us and therefore will be favourites to win. It'll be great having 25k Albion fans shouting for the underdog.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Any honest Albion fan that watched the game will begrudgingly admit we were by far the better side and deserved to win.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Any honest Albion fan that watched the game will begrudgingly admit we were by far the better side and deserved to win.

Well you did play well going forward, but Watford still missed a couple if sitters even after you came back. There was that missed header at 2-0 that would have finished you. Still you rode your luck and came back, you do look exposed at the back though.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

You won't get a honest assessment from grimbo . Fwiw first 30 minutes we were shocking , once we started playing we wiped the floor with them . With Jedi coming back and some re shuffling at the back we should be there or thereabouts .

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
In 1910 the Charity Shield wasn't played as a friendly like it is today , it was between 2 clubs playing for the honour of best club in England :facepalm:

:lol: yeah you keep telling yourself that fella ! Jesus if you're going to make stuff up and go on about thick Palace fans while you blatantly don't know your stuff, can't you at least go to Wikipedia or something ?? Have at least some knowledge please...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Well you did play well going forward, but Watford still missed a couple if sitters even after you came back. There was that missed header at 2-0 that would have finished you. Still you rode your luck and came back, you do look exposed at the back though.

Agreed, defence is a concern but with Ollie's gung-ho attitude we are always likely to concede. We have also missed Jedinak big time, he shields the back 4, an absolute rock. I know you all love Bridcutt but Jedi IMO is easily the best defensive midfielder in the league, in over 20 years of watching Palace i've not seen many better than him at what he does. Luckily for us he should be back next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, defence is a concern but with Ollie's gung-ho attitude we are always likely to concede. We have also missed Jedinak big time, he shields the back 4, an absolute rock. I know you all love Bridcutt but Jedi IMO is easily the best defensive midfielder in the league, in over 20 years of watching Palace i've not seen many better than him at what he does. Luckily for us he should be back next week.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Even though the BBS has several posts moaning about you playing the long ball game last night, which "doesn't work for Murray"?

It doesn't work full stop botty . I think we are coming out of our poor run and that lack of confidence has resulted in us hoofing it occasionally . With our confidence on the rise our play will be more pleasing to the eye .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Genuine question for NSC?

would you rather get more fans through the gates than us or finish higher in the league?
Honest answer:

Long term, it's about league position, so if it was a one off season, then I'd definitely prefer to finish higher. But it doesn't work like that. We finished higher than you last season, but that hasn't helped us this season, but attendances = money = signings = future prospects. So I'd rather have long term higher attendances than just be able to finish higher this season. Put another way, I would not swap your league position if it meant dropping attendances.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The best thing about last night was the result. A draw was good for us. Roll on 17th March. By all the Palace fans reckoning, they are far superior to us and therefore will be favourites to win. It'll be great having 25k Albion fans shouting for the underdog.

No favourites for this game , you will be under enormous pressure to beat us and that will effect the players . I'm looking forward to it !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Interested in the result but not a long discussion about the match.

FFS why do people bite to the idiotic posts ? By all means have a reasonable debate and I suppose one has to accept that is what Dougie tries to do in his posts (over 1000 in another club's site is a bit odd though)

It also shows that he stoops to petty responses. How on earth did we get from last night's match to the Charity shield?

I can be very petty when the mood takes me .

I see the more moronic element of your support was out last night.

Ripping out seats and luzzing them into your OWN fans leaving two requiring hospital treatment.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Ripping out seats and luzzing them into your OWN fans leaving two requiring hospital treatment.

Letting of flairs again, which their chairman thinks they will be in trouble with the FA over.
If I remember correctly, they were warned about this when they last visited Coventry.

I notice that some of their fans are now saying they wont go to the Brighton game because they suspect trouble from these morons.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Terrible that , I hope who ever did it is arrested charged and banned for life ! When the injured fans were being treated by medics on the side of the pitch we equalised and they had to be restrained from celebrating by stewards :rave:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its uncanny is it not, you wait all day for an idiot and three come along at once.
The next wonder kid from the academe could turn out to be better the zaha
Check.

Couldn't care less about the Bolton manager old boy. What you say clearly shows two things - Poyet is off as soon as someone will have him and no-one except Brighton would because he's not very good.
It is easy I know, the charity shield is a friendly and who bangs on about a one-off friendly win ? The ZDS cup while clearly poor is at least a competition and several teams have to be beaten you know, competitively.
Check

Did you watch the game? Still think we are a long ball side? No, thought not. For 70 mins we out classed the so called best passing side in this division.
Check:
Fwiw first 30 minutes we were shocking

how we didn't win I don't know.
Because you couldn't score more than Watford. It's not like you looked as though you would score more, you did well to score two.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Terrible that , I hope who ever did it is arrested charged and banned for life ! When the injured fans were being treated by medics on the side of the pitch we equalised and they had to be restrained from celebrating by stewards :rave:

Agree with that statement although I could do without the equalizing bit. I remember some of our fans invading one of your stands (can't remember which) in the early 80's and fighting outside Selhurst.. Put me off going back up. We can all do without idiots like that.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

Totally agree, some people are total tools and what they do beggars belief. Didn't go far past my head actually - that could cause serious damage.

Our defence is concerning, but that's a Holloway team - we know now we need to score at least 2 every game - although we usually do and with Jedinak back that will help as the man is a beast and usually dominates.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Agree with that statement although I could do without the equalizing bit. I remember some of our fans invading one of your stands (can't remember which) in the early 80's and fighting outside Selhurst.. Put me off going back up. We can all do without idiots like that.

1985? saw Brighton have a lot (over 100) of fans arrested up there perhaps it was that year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here