Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Crystal Palace tonight

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Genuine question for NSC?

would you rather get more fans through the gates than us or finish higher in the league?

Either way im looking forward to finding out all the results tomorrow, will be interesting to see how the results go for all the top ten teams.

More fans through the gates- 14 years homeless (by that i mean a permanent home) means we need to re build our fan base-

Position above Palace is nice,but your having a good season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's called passion , at least he didn't start rucking with the oppos bench ! That would be losing the plot .

No one has been 'rucking with the oppos bench'. What are you on about?

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
When the league was split between Southern and football league Brighton as Southern League Champions beat the football league champions to win the Charity Shield and be Champions of England. Our only major trophy. Also got to the FA Cup final before you eventually managed to follow us there. We did it when English football was still in Europe though, you had to do it when English football was in its lowest state after we were kicked out of Europe.

Major trophy? Yawn..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No one has been 'rucking with the oppos bench'. What are you on about?

If there was a ruck the post match interview would have seen Charlie Oatway with half of Dave Jones ear hanging out the side of his mouth.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Charity Shield in 1910 or ZDS Cup in 1980-something. Ummm. I wonder which one I'd choose.....ummm.....

Back in 1910 there was prestige in winning the Charity Shield , wasn't the ZDS today's equivalent of the JPT ?

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Charity Shield in 1910 or ZDS Cup in 1980-something. Ummm. I wonder which one I'd choose.....ummm.....

It is easy I know, the charity shield is a friendly and who bangs on about a one-off friendly win ? The ZDS cup while clearly poor is at least a competition and several teams have to be beaten you know, competitively. Brilliant, only Brighton fans could delude themselves that the charity shield means anything at all !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've been working with someone today and we were chatting about footy. He was singing the praises of the Amex and the Albion saying he had his first visit there before Xmas at the Forest game, I figured he was a casual supporter who was getting back to going to games and asked how long he had followed the Albion, this was his response, "Well I dont really support anyone and its a bit of a sore point between me and my Brother, he's a Palace season ticket holder and I grew up on the terraces of Selhurst Park as a kid", "Never mind that wasn't your fault" I said warily wondering where this was going and thinking I had a closet Nigel in my midst. He replies, "I've been in Sussex for 20 odd years now though and figured if I live in Sussex I should support my local team so I guess I'm more of a Brighton fan than anything now and lets face it Selhurst is a shithole and its a much better day out at the Amex". I really didn't know what to say and was genuinely dumbfounded for a number of reasons,

A.) That someone who once supported Palace could even contemplate supporting the Albion!
B.) I wasn't sure if I was happy or outraged that someone had crossed over from the Darkside to become a Seagull

Ultimately I came to the conclusion that the fella must be a complete nob with no knowledge of football whatsoever depsite the fact he now supposedly supports the Albion.

I wouldn't concern yourself because he will be off at the drop of a hat when we struggle in what ever division.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is easy I know, the charity shield is a friendly and who bangs on about a one-off friendly win ? The ZDS cup while clearly poor is at least a competition and several teams have to be beaten you know, competitively. Brilliant, only Brighton fans could delude themselves that it means anything at all !

- - - Updated - - -

It is easy I know, the charity shield is a friendly and who bangs on about a one-off friendly win ? The ZDS cup while clearly poor is at least a competition and several teams have to be beaten you know, competitively. Brilliant, only Brighton fans could delude themselves that it means anything at all !

No, in 1910 it was the playoff match between the 2 league champions.

Feb 14, 2010
No, in 1910 it was the playoff match between the 2 league champions.

True, but to know that you would have to know something about football, but this seems to rule out most palace fans who come on NSC. Only they could even mention the Auto Windscreen, ZDS abandoned Cup that nobody plays anymore due to lack of interest!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Really?

I know Watford try to but I'm not sure you can portray putting the ball into orbit as free flowing.

Did you watch the game? Still think we are a long ball side? No, thought not. For 70 mins we out classed the so called best passing side in this division.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is easy I know, the charity shield is a friendly and who bangs on about a one-off friendly win ? The ZDS cup while clearly poor is at least a competition and several teams have to be beaten you know, competitively. Brilliant, only Brighton fans could delude themselves that the charity shield means anything at all !

In 1910 the Charity Shield wasn't played as a friendly like it is today , it was between 2 clubs playing for the honour of best club in England :facepalm:

Did you watch the game? Still think we are a long ball side? No, thought not. For 70 mins we out classed the so called best passing side in this division.

I did actually, and to be fair I thought you looked quite good, certainly better than I was led to believe.

Holloway has either changed tactics or the Palace fan I know doesn't know what he's talking about.

:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Even though the BBS has several posts moaning about you playing the long ball game last night, which "doesn't work for Murray"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here