Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Crystal Palace tonight

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We were quality tonight and yet we still had 7 first teamers missing including our captain and midfield leader Jedinak. The same Watford side that owned you a few weeks ago was dominated by us, how we didn't win I don't know.
Always the same response when Palace cannot pick up 3 points , we have x number of first teamers out injured. This wasn't the same Watford side insofar as they didn't press home the advantage when taking the lead.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Our crowds are bigger, our fans have more passion (could palace survive what we did?), our team is better(IMO), our stadium puts us light years ahead of them, our manager is better, out future is brighter, WE ARE BRIGHTON!

I have a mental image of you typing away furiously at your keyboard with tears streaming down your face writing that, im even surprised you never ended it by saying "you'll never take our freedom". Saying that im sure you could do a better Scottish accent than Mel Gibson :lol:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Genuine question for NSC?

would you rather get more fans through the gates than us or finish higher in the league?

Either way im looking forward to finding out all the results tomorrow, will be interesting to see how the results go for all the top ten teams.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Tell me I am not alone in thinking their fans were extremely tedious with the continual owww whoooaaa ooo noise, I actually muted the tv which I have never done before whilst watching football not because of the noise level but the drown of them.

REPEATING the same shit for 90 minutes does not make good listening nigels.

I bloody well hope not. You lot hate us, and our magnificent support should be annoying the hell out of you, so that you resort to petty carping bitchiness. Job done!

Just back from a top night out, non-stop singing for 93 minutes through ALL the goals, dominated the game for 70 minutes and would have won if not for poor finishing from the Weed rejects. Had a brief thought - NSC might have a 5 post thread on the match? Sod me sideways, there is SIXTEEN PAGES including praise of the Palace team! Shocking stuff.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I bloody well hope not. You lot hate us, and our magnificent support should be annoying the hell out of you, so that you resort to petty carping bitchiness. Job done!

Just back from a top night out, non-stop singing for 93 minutes through ALL the goals, dominated the game for 70 minutes and would have won if not for poor finishing from the Weed rejects. Had a brief thought - NSC might have a 5 post thread on the match? Sod me sideways, there is SIXTEEN PAGES including praise of the Palace team! Shocking stuff.

Well done agents Dobbie and Murray :clap2:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Genuine question for NSC?

would you rather get more fans through the gates than us or finish higher in the league?

Either way im looking forward to finding out all the results tomorrow, will be interesting to see how the results go for all the top ten teams.

Genuine answer. League every day of the week.

That said. If we were attracting smaller gates than you we'd be rattling round the Amex like peas in a drum.

What you have achieved since kid Jensen, hairdo Parish and jazzy B or whoever else stepped in has been quite phenomenal. The Zaha deal has put you in a healthy financial state and you have waltzed off with Murray and turned him into a goal machine par excellence and, frankly, Palace are the real surprise package this season...what a turnaround from early form.

That said. You play in jesters outfits, your ground is a dump and, even though you are doing so well, your attendances are still shithouse...especially away. Embarrassing on occasion.

I imagine you enjoy our company so much at present because of your temporary ascendancy? I also imagine that you will f*** off quicker than Usain Bolts jockstrap the minute the table turns.

What goes around.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
And yet Poyet is still here, whereas Dishy Douglas, who was so committed to finishing what he started at little Palace..... :lolol:

Couldn't care less about the Bolton manager old boy. What you say clearly shows two things - Poyet is off as soon as someone will have him and no-one except Brighton would because he's not very good.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
You seem to have inside knowledge on tomorrow's score and how the league will finish. Just predicting the outcome of games like that shows you are a cock.

I'd say a club with gates between 25-27k and a new stadium and training academy attracting players like Bridge, Bruno, Kuszczak, Vicente, Upson and a forward thinking dynamic management and a Brighton fan chairman, is overtaking your piss poor administration riddled little club in a crumbling stadium with only 4k more supporters than we got at Withdean.
CLARO?

Ha ha ha priceless ! And yet you can predict a much longer future and you are, what, 'not a cock' I presume ? Oh the irony. Another bitter little Brighton fan who has to resort to personal insults. Poor form chap.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Don't go on Palarse site, it's a bit like going to Mali for a holiday.

But I have a question:

Do Brighton fans actually go on there just after a game (Not versus them BTW) and if so, why?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Always the same response when Palace cannot pick up 3 points , we have x number of first teamers out injured. This wasn't the same Watford side insofar as they didn't press home the advantage when taking the lead.

I didn't say that though did I? I was mearly commenting on how good our performance (after the first 20 mins) was and the fact we produced this without a lot of the first team squad shows that we can be even better when they return, Jedinak for example is a guarenteed starter if fit. It's normally Brighton fans that use the lame excuses that you have mentioned, obviously you would have beaten us if Dunk hadn't of seen red, blah, blah, blah, same with Barnes against Wednesday, that would have been another 3 points if he'd not done that, blah, blah, blah...we are such a great team, it's only a matter of time till we click, blah, blah, blah...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Don't go on Palarse site, it's a bit like going to Mali for a holiday.

But I have a question:

Do Brighton fans actually go on there just after a game (Not versus them BTW) and if so, why?

Yes they do .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've been working with someone today and we were chatting about footy. He was singing the praises of the Amex and the Albion saying he had his first visit there before Xmas at the Forest game, I figured he was a casual supporter who was getting back to going to games and asked how long he had followed the Albion, this was his response, "Well I dont really support anyone and its a bit of a sore point between me and my Brother, he's a Palace season ticket holder and I grew up on the terraces of Selhurst Park as a kid", "Never mind that wasn't your fault" I said warily wondering where this was going and thinking I had a closet Nigel in my midst. He replies, "I've been in Sussex for 20 odd years now though and figured if I live in Sussex I should support my local team so I guess I'm more of a Brighton fan than anything now and lets face it Selhurst is a shithole and its a much better day out at the Amex". I really didn't know what to say and was genuinely dumbfounded for a number of reasons,

A.) That someone who once supported Palace could even contemplate supporting the Albion!
B.) I wasn't sure if I was happy or outraged that someone had crossed over from the Darkside to become a Seagull

Ultimately I came to the conclusion that the fella must be a complete nob with no knowledge of football whatsoever depsite the fact he now supposedly supports the Albion.
Fatboy slim ! And yes he is a knob .

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Not fair, Palace did win the ZDS Cup or something. :lolol: But yes you are correct, they never have, nor ever will, win a major trophy, their fan base is shit, their ground is shit and they will never represent anything to any player beyond being a stepping stone - just ask Palace 'legend' Dishy Douglas Freedman.

And what 'major' trophy did you lot win then? Oh yeah, the charity shield.....in. 1910 !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What surprised me was how well Palace played DESPITE their manager appearing to lose the plot on the touchline. What is up with him at the moment?!

It's called passion , at least he didn't start rucking with the oppos bench ! That would be losing the plot .

Feb 14, 2010
And what 'major' trophy did you lot win then? Oh yeah, the charity shield.....in. 1910 !

When the league was split between Southern and football league Brighton as Southern League Champions beat the football league champions to win the Charity Shield and be Champions of England. Our only major trophy. Also got to the FA Cup final before you eventually managed to follow us there. We did it when English football was still in Europe though, you had to do it when English football was in its lowest state after we were kicked out of Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here