Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Crystal Palace tonight

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
The next wonder kid from the academe could turn out to be better the zaha
Thanks for the fair comments on the game which was a good advert for the championship

Just hope we can match this with an equally good game infront of the cameras tomorrow night too, hopefully another game to show off the quality of football in the championship

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Palace take a few thousand 35mins up the road and the holmesdale spastics constantly sing their euro pop imitation chants. That impressed any of you pussies?
18months ago the NSK tried the same thing that the spastics do and everyone hated it. I must admit I find it cringeworthy shite. It sounds much better when you get a few thousand singing proper football songs. The atmos and proper songs between us and Arsenal, Sheff W, Leeds or Millwall this season sounded much better and more intimidating than lots of whoa whoa laa laa shite! Those complementing palace and saying I wish we sounded like that, are probably the same twats that don't sing.

Regarding on the pitch, palace look good going forward but poor at the back. I sometimes think because of our last 30yr history some Albion fans have an inferiority complex with Palace. We haven't done too well in our last few meetings but I didn't see anything tonight we can't beat.

Put your white flags away and start getting behind an Albion side that can go on a winning run between now and the end of the season.

Our crowds are bigger, our fans have more passion (could palace survive what we did?), our team is better(IMO), our stadium puts us light years ahead of them, our manager is better, out future is brighter, WE ARE BRIGHTON!

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Fvck me some of you lot really are the most miserable, bitter, envious ***** around arent you ? Fair play to farehamseagull and a couple of others who are secure enough in their support of their team to be able to comment fairly on others. Zaha diving, Marrow hacking their guy because hes dirty palace scum blah blah blah what a load of old shite. And worse than that, an entire thread about a Palace game ?? On a Friday night ?? Fvck me you lot are sad.

The facts of the game are - we were shocking for the first half an hour, after that we absolutely battered one of the best teams in the division, who were very lucky to escape with a point, as the stats on the beeb will testify. We did not stop singing for the entire 90 minutes, and from recall at least 9 or 10 different songs. Even when they scored - and how many teams fans belt out one of their big songs when 2-0 down ? Very few. You lot certainly didnt when 2-0 down at Selhurst.

So take your bitterness and your jealousy and your MASSIVE insecurity with our rivalry and deal with it. We will be in the play-offs and you wont, and that is a fact.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Fvck me some of you lot really are the most miserable, bitter, envious ***** around arent you ? Fair play to farehamseagull and a couple of others who are secure enough in their support of their team to be able to comment fairly on others. Zaha diving, Marrow hacking their guy because hes dirty palace scum blah blah blah what a load of old shite. And worse than that, an entire thread about a Palace game ?? On a Friday night ?? Fvck me you lot are sad.

The facts of the game are - we were shocking for the first half an hour, after that we absolutely battered one of the best teams in the division, who were very lucky to escape with a point, as the stats on the beeb will testify. We did not stop singing for the entire 90 minutes, and from recall at least 9 or 10 different songs. Even when they scored - and how many teams fans belt out one of their big songs when 2-0 down ? Very few. You lot certainly didnt when 2-0 down at Selhurst.

So take your bitterness and your jealousy and your MASSIVE insecurity with our rivalry and deal with it. We will be in the play-offs and you wont, and that is a fact.

All good points, and I agree about us missing out on a play off place, but to brag about singing '9-10' songs is a bit embarrassing. And unfortunately, by default, you're a prick.

Feb 14, 2010
So take your bitterness and your jealousy and your MASSIVE insecurity with our rivalry and deal with it. We will be in the play-offs and you wont, and that is a fact.[/QUOTE]

Mate its very hard to be jealous of a club without a major trophy win, who followed us to a cup final a few years after us, whose idea of a protest is 40 teenagers being laughed out of the city and who get 13000 less paying punters through the gate than us every week, despite being higher in the division.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
All good points, and I agree about us missing out on a play off place, but to brag about singing '9-10' songs is a bit embarrassing. And unfortunately, by default, you're a prick.

Ah James, as Ive said before here, personal insults are the first refuge of the insecure. Never mind, you are a Brighton fan after all. Insecurity and inferiority must be part and parcel of the gig.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Fvck me some of you lot really are the most miserable, bitter, envious ***** around arent you ?

Envious of Palace :ffsparr:

So we have 2 games in hand and have you to play at home and what you say is fact is it?

Keep spouting your shite mate, we are overtaking your wonderkid club very very fast and I think it's YOU that need to deal with it.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean

We have all said well done (well sort of) now run along your squat is on fire

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

Mate its very hard to be jealous of a club without a major trophy win, who followed us to a cup final a few years after us, whose idea of a protest is 40 teenagers being laughed out of the city and who get 13000 less paying punters through the gate than us every week, despite being higher in the division.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm yes, I see your point, and yet you clearly are. So why is that ? And exactly what do you mean by 'followed' you to a cup final ? That makes no sense at all. I am impressed by your ability to massively up your crowds, thats very impressive. Maybe you can get them to stay and watch the whole game one day, or make some noise maybe, that really would be an achievement and might even help you get higher up the league.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Mate its very hard to be jealous of a club without a major trophy win, who followed us to a cup final a few years after us, whose idea of a protest is 40 teenagers being laughed out of the city and who get 13000 less paying punters through the gate than us every week, despite being higher in the division.

Not fair, Palace did win the ZDS Cup or something. :lolol: But yes you are correct, they never have, nor ever will, win a major trophy, their fan base is shit, their ground is shit and they will never represent anything to any player beyond being a stepping stone - just ask Palace 'legend' Dishy Douglas Freedman.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Envious of Palace :ffsparr:

So we have 2 games in hand and have you to play at home and what you say is fact is it?

Keep spouting your shite mate, we are overtaking your wonderkid club very very fast and I think it's YOU that need to deal with it.

Really ? I dont think you understand what overtaking means. You have us to play at home, that doesnt help your point, as we all know you always bottle it against us. You'll get done by Hull tomorrow, so that will be 10 points behind, 1 game in hand and us to play at yours. Lets even say you win the game in hand - 7 points. Then you play us, 10 points again. Remind me what the overtaking thing was ??

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Ah James, as Ive said before here, personal insults are the first refuge of the insecure. Never mind, you are a Brighton fan after all. Insecurity and inferiority must be part and parcel of the gig.

No, no, no my friend, you have misunderstood. I called you a prick because you were a Palace fan, nothing against you personally. Some of your points made sense, and I'd go along with.

I'd disagree on all accounts of your vocal support being better than ours though.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Not fair, Palace did win the ZDS Cup or something. :lolol: But yes you are correct, they never have, nor ever will, win a major trophy, their fan base is shit, their ground is shit and they will never represent anything to any player beyond being a stepping stone - just ask Palace 'legend' Dishy Douglas Freedman.

:lol:

Whereas Brighton (average league played in through their history - division 3) are the club everyone wants to be at and sees their future at, especially their manager, where is that quote, hang on...

"I'd love to manage my country. But before getting there I have to manage a top-class, high-division club. I've only been at Brighton, so I've got a long way to go."

Gus Poyet, 15th September 2011

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
:lol:

Whereas Brighton (average league played in through their history - division 3) are the club everyone wants to be at and sees their future at, especially their manager, where is that quote, hang on...

"I'd love to manage my country. But before getting there I have to manage a top-class, high-division club. I've only been at Brighton, so I've got a long way to go."

Gus Poyet, 15th September 2011

And yet Poyet is still here, whereas Dishy Douglas, who was so committed to finishing what he started at little Palace..... :lolol:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Really ? I dont think you understand what overtaking means. You have us to play at home, that doesnt help your point, as we all know you always bottle it against us. You'll get done by Hull tomorrow, so that will be 10 points behind, 1 game in hand and us to play at yours. Lets even say you win the game in hand - 7 points. Then you play us, 10 points again. Remind me what the overtaking thing was ??

You seem to have inside knowledge on tomorrow's score and how the league will finish. Just predicting the outcome of games like that shows you are a cock.

I'd say a club with gates between 25-27k and a new stadium and training academy attracting players like Bridge, Bruno, Kuszczak, Vicente, Upson and a forward thinking dynamic management and a Brighton fan chairman, is overtaking your piss poor administration riddled little club in a crumbling stadium with only 4k more supporters than we got at Withdean.
CLARO?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Palace take a few thousand 35mins up the road and the holmesdale spastics constantly sing their euro pop imitation chants. That impressed any of you pussies?
18months ago the NSK tried the same thing that the spastics do and everyone hated it. I must admit I find it cringeworthy shite. It sounds much better when you get a few thousand singing proper football songs. The atmos and proper songs between us and Arsenal, Sheff W, Leeds or Millwall this season sounded much better and more intimidating than lots of whoa whoa laa laa shite! Those complementing palace and saying I wish we sounded like that, are probably the same twats that don't sing.

Regarding on the pitch, palace look good going forward but poor at the back. I sometimes think because of our last 30yr history some Albion fans have an inferiority complex with Palace. We haven't done too well in our last few meetings but I didn't see anything tonight we can't beat.

Put your white flags away and start getting behind an Albion side that can go on a winning run between now and the end of the season.

Our crowds are bigger, our fans have more passion (could palace survive what we did?), our team is better(IMO), our stadium puts us light years ahead of them, our manager is better, out future is brighter, WE ARE BRIGHTON!

I'll give you the crowds (plastics but still higher than ours) and the stadium but f*** me, your shower of shit better than us? Take a look at the league table bud. Better manager? I don't see Gustavo ever getting a team up into the top flight and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Fans more passionate? Funniest thing I've read on here in sometime!

We were quality tonight and yet we still had 7 first teamers missing including our captain and midfield leader Jedinak. The same Watford side that owned you a few weeks ago was dominated by us, how we didn't win I don't know.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And worse than that, an entire thread about a Palace game ?? On a Friday night ?? Fvck me you lot are sad.

And on this friday night you're on a rival's message board. Pot and kettle spring to mind.

Almost every televised game from the premier league and the championship get match threads on here. There would have been a match thread had it been watford v bristol city. That we aspire to the play offs sooner or later, and this was a match between two current play off teams, there was bound to be increased interest anyway.

And yes, I'm sure some are here because it's palace, but we're rivals. What's the point in having rivals if you just ignore them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here