Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford v Crystal Palace tonight

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Regardless of the result, I think the pace at which these two teams play ( and I know tv can exaggerate it a bit) is a lesson for us. Granted some of the moves are breaking down but both teams get the ball out quickly ( without hoofing it) and counter-attack at speed. We don't do it often enough and consequently, become far too predictable.

I agree to a point, but what both teams lose in doing so is an element of control. That said, I agree absolutely that we must learn to turn defence into attack quickly when the time is right.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Being an impartial Brighton supporter how people can compare Buckley to Zaha,I don't know.Would take Zaha anyday.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Palace have been superb since about the 30th minute, fully deserve to be level.

What a finish from Phillips, great pro.

They have got lucky with Vydra playing on Wednesday though, he looked half the player he did against us.

What? Phillips is not a great pro. He is Vermine of the type palace supporters usually search for in their dustbins when they are feeling peckish.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Erm. Are we allowed to say palace look a pretty decent side and their support really do make a terrific sound?

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Erm. Are we allowed to say palace look a pretty decent side and their support really do make a terrific sound?

If you want to spout heresy like that there are perfectly disreputable places where you can do it. There is no need to pollute this little island of footballing paradise.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Fifth Column;5503 A.) That someone who once supported Palace could even contemplate supporting the Albion! B.) I wasn't sure if I was happy or outraged that someone had crossed over from the Darkside to become a Seagull [/QUOTE said:
Try Norman cook

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Was a good game, Watford controlled the first 30 minutes but Palace controlled the rest and should have probably won.

Not an awful result for us, winning our next 2 games will stick us 4 games behind Palace - failing to win them will now be a big disaster.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Erm, if you want to be a complete twat then go ahead.

Palace have defended like a League Two outfit to go 2-0 down. Watford understandably take their foot off the pedal and Palace enjoy possession and get back into the game.

Palace's magnificent away support manage to make the long trip North in impressive numbers and to comprehensively outsing perhaps the most vociferous home crowd outside of Istanbul.

:shootself:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here