Watford v Crystal Palace tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes and that second goal watford had 6 players in the Palace box. That is where we have problems never any more than one or two players in the box when we attack. Our midfield don't get forward enough. Let's hope that when Gus said in the Argus he as going to take risks to win games then on Saturday we attack and play two up front

Absolutely, we need to get forward quicker and more effectively and I really hope Gus' "risk taking" comment isn't pandering to the gallery before playing the same line-up/formation as usual.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did indeed. I should have referenced. Interesting table, but doesn't amount to much in the grander scheme of things. Having said that, most managers are judged on one season - certainly by the amount of managers listed!

The one thing I took from that table is:-

Gus is only 2 games off the maximum of 31 matches.

I wonder how many of those managers will even get to 29 games?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry, gotta say this but THERE IS NO NEED TO PUT THE BALL OUT OF PLAY JUST BECAUSE A PLAYER SITS DOWN!!!! Actually glad Palace played on.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Now palace fail to put the ball out of play when Watford have a player down injured. They really are cheating scum.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Sorry, gotta say this but THERE IS NO NEED TO PUT THE BALL OUT OF PLAY JUST BECAUSE A PLAYER SITS DOWN!!!! Actually glad Palace played on.

He's only injured because of the horror tackle from some palace thug. Plus palace weren't going anywhere so bad sportsmanship in my book.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Watford are great to watch. Play at a very high tempo and have some superb ball players in their team. Palace look dangerous going forward, Dobbie having a pretty average evening so far. Luckily they also look quite dangerous at the back.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
All you can hear is the Palace fans, even at 2-0 down.

All singing in unity and keeping chants going for a few minutes :clap2:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's only injured because of the horror tackle from some palace thug. Plus palace weren't going anywhere so Ba sportsmanship in my book.

Yeah shoddy tackle in the first place and I mean seriously shoddy but if the ref gave the foul for that one and then allows them to play on then so be it. I wouldn't want one of our players to put the ball out of play in that scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

He's only injured because of the horror tackle from some palace thug. Plus palace weren't going anywhere so Ba sportsmanship in my book.

Yeah shoddy tackle in the first place and I mean seriously shoddy but if the ref gave the foul for that one and then allows them to play on then so be it. I wouldn't want one of our players to put the ball out of play in that scenario.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Watford are great to watch. Play at a very high tempo and have some superb ball players in their team. Palace look dangerous going forward, Dobbie having a pretty average evening so far. Luckily they also look quite dangerous at the back.

Ulloa and CMS will cause problems i hope, that's if gus plays them together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports