Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford/Udinese

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't like what Watford have done. It's all within the rules, I'm sure, but it doesn't sit well with me to be honest. People may say we're doing the same thing with Spanish players, but atleast we're signing them on proper contracts. What's going on at Watford smells a bit funny to me at the moment.

Nathaniel Chalobah, by the way, is the absolute NUTS. He is a magnificent signing and will go on to be a massive player at Chelsea. I hope he decides to play for England, and early. Looks an absolute talent, from the little I've seen, admittedly.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
These 5 players they've taken from udinese, not first teamers were they

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Think they had already taken 5 players from Udinese about a month ago, so 6 more makes it a whole team. Ridiculous.

The sad thing about this is Watford have produced some good youngsters over the years and bringing in a boatload of imports from Italy could well prevent the local talent getting a look in.

Should make our forthcoming game at Vicarage Road interesting with the raft of new signings on both sides, plus old mates Zola and Poyet trying to out-do each other tactically. As posted elsewhere should make the game a heck of a lot tastier than last season's.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Don't get it, thought you could only name 5 loan players in the starting line up and bench and they have singed in total, over 10?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think they've got 14 players on loan in their entire squad, the rules used to be you can only name 5 in a match day squad. Also there was a rule that you could only loan upto 4 players from the same club over the course of a season. Either those rules have changed or they don't apply to players loaned in from clubs outside of the Football League.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Hope it back fires, can't stand Watford and never will. Proper mickey mouse team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I thought there was arule you could only have 8 loans and only 5 in a matchday squad? Has that changed? Watford seem to have about 20 loanees

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here