Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford turn down £10million Leicester bid for Deeney

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Deeney will sulk..

Then refuse to play and fake injuries, then say he's not happy at Watford!!

That he wants to play premier league ( then join Sunderland :wozza: )

...in a deal that could have risen to £12m. Never say never, and if they get an absurd bid (some would say that already is) a deal could still happen.

But fair play to Watford and their owners. They clearly feel with Deeney's almost guaranteed 20 goals in the Championship they have a far, far better chance of promotion and all the money that brings.

It could yet backfire on them, but you have to applaud their stance and ambition.

Personally I think if they keep Deeney they could be automatic candidates with Vydra back alongside him. And 10 new signings in all.

I thought that of the Watford board too, but then I saw another thread on the Venky's idiocy in turning down the the Jordan Rhodes Prem cash.

So which is it, surely one can't have different views of the Deeney and Rhodes situations?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Interesting that Leicester seem to be plundering the championship for players who they want to succeed in the PL...I would have thought 20 million could have got them a very good Spanish player who they would know could cut it in the prem rather than Ulloa and Deeny.

It's their call I suppose but not a particularly strong statement about their ambitions.

SAC

May 21, 2014
If Watford don't need the money and the player isn't going to sulk then good luck to them. I'd imagine that they have told the player that he can leave in 12 months if they don't get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here