Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford totally screwed?

So with Watford truly screwed we must be favourites to win the Championship :rave:

Teams coming down from the Prem rarely go back up and the three from League 1 are shite.

Happy Days - get in the champagne :ascarf:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
"Watford have 12 professional players registered for next season...A total of 21 players are poised to leave Vicarage Road this summer..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22826958

Boy, are they done for or what?

Zola to BHA? Very unlikely I know, given that he and GP are best mates, but thought it was worth mentioning...

Zola knew this was likely to happen, but you didn't hear him bleating on about this. Just "we will come back stronger next year" Yes he may leave and I hope he comes to us but at least he has shown class when it matters unlike Gus.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
They will be down the bottom, for sure.
for some reason I thought they had gone up !!
So had to change my original post ha ha !!!
Wishful thinking it had been them and not the scum !!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I did'nt watch the final but truly wanted Watford to win it but I must admit begrudgingly(did I really just write that) that I am glad it was palace who went up
it gets them out of our hair
and there is always that chance that we will past them on our way up next season

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
So Udinese can't sell them a player for £1 on a one year contract? Rules are made to be broken!

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
Hi folks, Watford fan here.

Just to clear a couple of things up about what's going on. Firstly, under the rules of our transfer embargo, we can still sign players, it's just that the Football League has to cross-check the transfers to make sure the finances are handled correctly. This is after the previous owner (now banned by the Football League) fiddled with the finances. It's really just a 'supervision', essentially. And yes, it expires on August 31st.

As for the loans, of course, everyone's pouncing on the fact that the loans have gone back on the basis that the season is over. The fact remains that, on paper, the loans have returned to Udinese, those who will remain at Watford next season will still train with us until everything is sorted. This may or may not include Matej Vydra, but I can say for a fact that Daniel Pudil is still with Watford and is due to join pre-season training, having recently bought a house in the area.

In fact, it wasn't our intention from the off to sign a load of loans; because our takeover went through so soon before the start of the season, we had no time to scout players as thoroughly as we'd have liked, so we essentially had a load of Udinese players thrown at us and we hoped for the best (and it seemed to work out okay in the end). The plan is for us to sign some of them permanently (again, this may or may not include Vydra) as well as some new faces.

The only reason we would be prevented by the Football League from fielding a full squad is if we were in as much muck as Portsmouth were (or Coventry could become). In fact, this probably would have happened had we not been bought by the Pozzos (who, incedentally, were the ones who alerted the FL to the previous owner's misdealings).

Anyway, it's an unusual situation. Hope this clears some of it up.

Oh, and Wanderbus, I hope we play you in the first few games, too. I'd like a warm away day in Brighton for once.

I thought Swansea City were actually the ones who alerted the FL to Watford's misdealings, the Pozzo family only subsequently helped during the investigation.

By contrast, Luton actually did report the previous ones' misconduct themselves but still got a points deduction. Watford should have been punished much more harshly.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Hi folks, Watford fan here.

Just to clear a couple of things up about what's going on. Firstly, under the rules of our transfer embargo, we can still sign players, it's just that the Football League has to cross-check the transfers to make sure the finances are handled correctly. This is after the previous owner (now banned by the Football League) fiddled with the finances. It's really just a 'supervision', essentially. And yes, it expires on August 31st.

As for the loans, of course, everyone's pouncing on the fact that the loans have gone back on the basis that the season is over. The fact remains that, on paper, the loans have returned to Udinese, those who will remain at Watford next season will still train with us until everything is sorted. This may or may not include Matej Vydra, but I can say for a fact that Daniel Pudil is still with Watford and is due to join pre-season training, having recently bought a house in the area.

In fact, it wasn't our intention from the off to sign a load of loans; because our takeover went through so soon before the start of the season, we had no time to scout players as thoroughly as we'd have liked, so we essentially had a load of Udinese players thrown at us and we hoped for the best (and it seemed to work out okay in the end). The plan is for us to sign some of them permanently (again, this may or may not include Vydra) as well as some new faces.

The only reason we would be prevented by the Football League from fielding a full squad is if we were in as much muck as Portsmouth were (or Coventry could become). In fact, this probably would have happened had we not been bought by the Pozzos (who, incedentally, were the ones who alerted the FL to the previous owner's misdealings).

Anyway, it's an unusual situation. Hope this clears some of it up.

Oh, and Wanderbus, I hope we play you in the first few games, too. I'd like a warm away day in Brighton for once.

'Kin cheats. Glad you weren't promoted. Mid table obscurity or relegation for you.....

aefevans

May 15, 2013
I thought Swansea City were actually the ones who alerted the FL to Watford's misdealings, the Pozzo family only subsequently helped during the investigation.

By contrast, Luton actually did report the previous ones' misconduct themselves but still got a points deduction. Watford should have been punished much more harshly.

That's believable about Swansea, and you may even be correct. In fact, I think you are. I'm also not entirely sure what led the tribunal to pass its particular judgement, but what we have is essentially a 'supervision' by the Football League. We will be able to field a full match day squad ;)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So Udinese can't sell them a player for £1 on a one year contract? Rules are made to be broken!

They can if they want to , 5 players for a fiver , although the rules say only 4 loanees from the same parent club in a matchday squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here