Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford sack their coach …Again

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it my turn to take the reins yet? I've got a few important things to do at work this week, so I won't be available until next week, at least.

Ah, that could be a problem,

You are favourite to get the job but you are on the rota to be sacked next week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who's gloating? I simply think that by sacking their manager they are committing survival suicide. I actually think it is rather sad. If I were a Watford supporter I'd be jolly well cheesed off.

I’ll withdraw the “gloating” then but you do seem to be writing them off. I’m not sad for their fans. I saw their comments when we had the cheek to beat them in Potter’s first (?) game.

I hope they go down, I also remember Ben Foster’s pre season prediction on who was going down :smile:

Not that I’m bitter

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ll withdraw the “gloating” then but you do seem to be writing them off. I’m not sad for their fans. I saw their comments when we had the cheek to beat them in Potter’s first (?) game.

I hope they go down, I also remember Ben Foster’s pre season prediction on who was going down :smile:

Not that I’m bitter

Sorry, I was being facetious about their fans.

My real feeling is that this won't help them in their quest to stay up, and I'm not particularly bothered.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So the new manager will be the 6th manager in the last 2 years.

Something is definitely wrong with that. Either the coaching appointments are all crap which means whoever appointed them needs sorting.

Or the management of the manager is wrong.

TB could easily have sacked GPott at pretty much any point during last season based on this. Nuts if you want to build something sustainable.

Hope they get relegated just to hit them financially.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They've had 17 COACHES in the last ten years. That's how it works there.

They're not us under Archer, they consistently play in the Prem or win promotion back to it.

Who the hell said anything about Archer? And it is 17 HEAD coaches - you know, the job Potter has? They have also had dubious dealings between their own clubs. Big difference between loaning players to another club you own and buying between them.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
"So, you're interested in the new Managers post here at Watford FC are you? You're hired !! ...Now, jump on there and see how you get on!" ???

Gallopers.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Who the hell said anything about Archer? And it is 17 HEAD coaches - you know, the job Potter has? They have also had dubious dealings between their own clubs. Big difference between loaning players to another club you own and buying between them.

You said they were a joke club. Their natural place in the football pecking order is probably as a mid table Championship side. They're exceeding that.

And Union SG is definitely a glass house.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They've had 17 COACHES in the last ten years. That's how it works there.

They're not us under Archer, they consistently play in the Prem or win promotion back to it.

That was also the case before they started sacking two managers a year.

Not surprised you are coming out to defend fickleness though : )

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You said they were a joke club. Their natural place in the football pecking order is probably as a mid table Championship side. They're exceeding that.

And Union SG is definitely a glass house.

OK, for the avoidance of doubt, let me reword it. I think their board are a joke in the way they handle the appointment and sacking of head coaches. And unless you can provide examples of players that have signed permanently for USG and then transferred to us soon after, I maintain my point about the difference between us and them is valid.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
That was also the case before they started sacking two managers a year.

Not surprised you are coming out to defend fickleness though : )

Between Taylor leaving and the Pozzos taking over they went through seven managers in ten seasons and played in the Premier League ONCE. 2006-7.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, Norwich and Watford already finished. Who will join them through the trap door I wonder?

You seem to be implying every other team in the bottom half are decent well run clubs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Between Taylor leaving and the Pozzo's taking over they went through seven managers in ten seasons and played in the Premier League ONCE. 2006-7.

Sure,I'll give you they've been up more since the Pozzos took over. Might be because of sacking managers each year is a sensible "strategy" or it might be because they've spent massive money on getting good footballers.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Sure,I'll give you they've been up more since the Pozzos took over. Might be because of sacking managers each year is a sensible "strategy" or it might be because they've spent massive money on getting good footballers.

So, in short, not a "joke club" at all, however they've done it. And quite a row back from your post that their record was similar before.

You seem fond of idioms. Here's another; there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here