Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford sack their coach …Again

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ben Foster is a shit Eva Petulengro…… it seems…

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness, as we've seen many times before, you can't lose to teams like Brighton and expect to keep your job.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Maybe if they stopped paying millions of pounds in severance costs to 3 managers a season they could actually afford a some players to keep them up

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe if they stopped paying millions of pounds in severance costs to 3 managers a season they could actually afford a some players to keep them up

According to [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] they don't pay out that much in compo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm available . If the Watford chairman is reading this thread send me a pm :thumbsup:

Don't read the post immediately above yours.

Unless you already did, of course :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, Norwich and Watford already finished. Who will join them through the trap door I wonder?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Really?

On small crowds in a ramshackle stadium in a very unfashionable town they seem to be no worse off than Leeds or Norwich or West Brom in reality.

The Brighton way isn't the only way.

What has that got to do with anything? They have had 17 managers in 10 years. Your comment highlights the exact reason they shouldn't be sacking a coach again 7 games into his first PL season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Fat Sam gets the gig I wouldn’t write them off, they have plenty of time and are not even adrift yet

Yes. He could repeat the miracle he performed at West Brom, certainly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it my turn to take the reins yet? I've got a few important things to do at work this week, so I won't be available until next week, at least.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What has that got to do with anything? They have had 17 managers in 10 years. Your comment highlights the exact reason they shouldn't be sacking a coach again 7 games into his first PL season.

They've had 17 COACHES in the last ten years. That's how it works there.

They're not us under Archer, they consistently play in the Prem or win promotion back to it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes. He could repeat the miracle he performed at West Brom, certainly.

Didn't work for the baggies

They were fecked before he got there (appointed 16 Dec) I just don’t think we should be gloating and stating categorically that a club will be going down. Watford are 14th. Palace were 7 defeats on the bounce when Hodgson was appointed and they survived easily

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They were fecked before he got there (appointed 16 Dec) I just don’t think we should be gloating and stating categorically that a club will be going down. Watford are 14th. Palace were 7 defeats on the bounce when Hodgson was appointed and they survived easily

Who's gloating? I simply think that by sacking their manager they are committing survival suicide. I actually think it is rather sad. If I were a Watford supporter I'd be jolly well cheesed off.

A couple of years ago I did part of a charity walk with Mark Bright and he spoke about the Chairman Pozzo and how he felt it was good to regularly change the manager to keep the players on there toes and have fresh ideas.
Totally different view to Bloom who clearly prefers stability with his managers (providing they are doing a decent job).

Never was a surname less appropriate for a person than Mark Bright.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here