[Football] Watford sack bilic

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
4 points off the playoffs..... unbelievable

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What a basket case club. Even Pep or Klopp would only last a few months
Actually feel a bit for the fans, bought by a bunch of idiots....... If you've got Abramovich levels of wealth maybe you can be that trigger happy, but for a club with the resource of Watford, it's crazy as are their ridiculous expectations.

Why would any manager contemplate it, except when desperate and out of work (cue Chris Wilder)

9th with every chance of being in the promotion mix and still fired, utter madness.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
My two neighbours are Watford fans - next door, and next door to him.

I stopped taking the piss out of them a long time ago. It's not funny any more. I genuinely don't want them to suffer any more.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Unbelievable if true. More managers than hot dinners. Why would anyone want to be the manager there?

Actually feel a bit for the fans, bought by a bunch of idiots....... If you've got Abramovich levels of wealth maybe you can be that trigger happy, but for a club with the resource of Watford, it's crazy as are their ridiculous expectations.

Why would any manager contemplate it, except when desperate and out of work (cue Chris Wilder)

9th with every chance of being in the promotion mix and still fired, utter madness.
A couple of years of wages for a couple of months of work... surely everyone wants that.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
You should only be allowed a max of two managers in a season. If you've already sacked one, you should be forced to stick with the other until the end of the season.

If you've had one poached (like us), then you should be protected from it happening again.

We have player transfer windows, why not managerial?!

EDIT: This is their 20th manager since June 2012. TWENTY?!!?! EDIT TO THE EDIT: I included caretakers, but still.
Great shout re transfer window applying to managers as well !

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Only 4 more until Christmas

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Chris Wilder has apparently agreed a contract for 2023.

Who's going to take the remainder of the 8-9pm timeslot is anyone's guess though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unbelievable if true. More managers than hot dinners. Why would anyone want to be the manager there?
I would! I'm retired now, but I think I could cope with a few weeks of the crowd screaming "You don't know what you're doing" on £50K a week! Plus a pay off when sacked.

Who knows? - they might even get a point or two whilst I was in charge (not necessarily because of anything I did of course!)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would! I'm retired now, but I think I could cope with a few weeks of the crowd screaming "You don't know what you're doing" on £50K a week! Plus a pay off when sacked.

Who knows? - they might even get a point or two whilst I was in charge (not necessarily because of anything I did of course!)
That GT49er is clueless, looks totally out of his depth, doesn't even like Elton John. he has to go

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've said it before: at Watford 'Manager of the Month' isn't an award, it's a job title.
Indeed. I wonder who will win this year's Manager of the Season award at Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here