Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford sack bilic

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Unbelievable if true. More managers than hot dinners. Why would anyone want to be the manager there?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
You should only be allowed a max of two managers in a season. If you've already sacked one, you should be forced to stick with the other until the end of the season.

If you've had one poached (like us), then you should be protected from it happening again.

We have player transfer windows, why not managerial?!

EDIT: This is their 20th manager since June 2012. TWENTY?!!?! EDIT TO THE EDIT: I included caretakers, but still.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You should only be allowed a max of two managers in a season. If you've already sacked one, you should be forced to stick with the other until the end of the season.

If you've had one poached (like us), then you should be protected from it happening again.

We have player transfer windows, why not managerial?!

EDIT: This is their 20th manager since June 2012. TWENTY?!!?!
Two or three years they introduced in the Brazilian league that you can only sack one manager per season. If they want to sack another one they have to hire someone who has been with the club for at least six months.

But I don't know... it would take the entire entertainment value out of Watford.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Became manager when they were tenth sacked now they are ninth unbelievable Jeff

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The average reign of a permanent Watford manager since Pozzo took over is 28 games. The longest was Javi Gracia who lasted 66 games (and took them to the FA Cup Final) the shortest was Billy McKinlay who lasted just 2 games when he replaced Oscar Garcia (who himself resigned after just 4 games due to ill health).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They’ve sacked their manager so many times now that is lost track of actually who the poor sod was in the current role! I see they are sat just 4 points off the play off though. Odd.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
This is a staggering stat.

The incompetence of this just baffles me.

That is incredible. Out of curiosity, Brighton have only had 6 permanent managers in the same time frame. Only one of those managers was dismissed based solely on their performance (Hughton)- and that was after the season had finished.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Until the news he had been sacked I had no idea Billic was there. What a mess of a club, how can you build any continuity

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here