Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD NO to glowsticks but what about lighters with torches??

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Nice touch for the gig

Don't think the away end at Watford will look quite the same though!

Personally I can't see why someone felt the need to ask Watfords permission for glow sticks and why you are going to follow that advice if you do it on mass anyway. Think it will look good for songs involving clapping, so just do it. Easy enough to hide.

Exactly. Just stick one in your pocket. If you did happen to get searched on the way in the steward probably wouldn't take it away anyway.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Football is wank, you should be throwing missiles at Watford, not waving lighters like you're at a U2 concert

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Nice touch for the gig

Don't think the away end at Watford will look quite the same though!

Personally I can't see why someone felt the need to ask Watfords permission for glow sticks and why you are going to follow that advice if you do it on mass anyway. Think it will look good for songs involving clapping, so just do it. Easy enough to hide.

The plan was IF Watford allowed it we could buy bulk and hand them out in the ground.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
It's a Sussex thing to stand up to people that say no and reply with a big FU. If you're not Sussex enough to stand up against the bullies then carry on cowering in the corner agreeing to everything you're told to do.

Are you sure it's not just a Chav thing?

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
I'm truly amazed at how sad our fans are becoming, do we really need f***ing lights to create an atmosphere. I've never seen anything so pathetic, glow lights ! Lighters ! Torches ! f*** sake next you'll be urging people to bring the fairy lights of their Christmas trees !

now there's an idea !!!!!!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I'm truly amazed at how sad our fans are becoming, do we really need f***ing lights to create an atmosphere. I've never seen anything so pathetic, glow lights ! Lighters ! Torches ! f*** sake next you'll be urging people to bring the fairy lights of their Christmas trees !

Do you reckon they will let us use their plugs?

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Quite easily one of the most cringy and embarassing ideas I have heard. As said on thread earlier this is a football match, put your efforts into singing and getting behind the team. How old are you out of interest?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Light Sabres is the answer, and not the goody two shoes blue ones either but the red ones as used by Darth Vader.

Would scare the shit out of the home fans with a hoard of Sith Lords in the away end.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Quite easily one of the most cringy and embarassing ideas I have heard. As said on thread earlier this is a football match, put your efforts into singing and getting behind the team. How old are you out of interest?

I can sing and hold a stick in air at the same time...I guess some of us are just more talented than others :shrug:

I'm 19 by the way.

Last edited:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it possible that the OP is a Palace fan in disguise. Seriously, I am all up for bog rolls, ticker tape and the occasional flare but glow sticks and lighters is embarrasing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here